PDA

View Full Version : Overtime at work

phil06
26-05-18, 20:09
I work 4 days from 7 and usually never get much overtime but lately I’ve been asked to work extra day I said yes as I need the cash for my holiday however I feel stressed working it. Is it a case of refuse it in a few months once my holiday is paid? :blush:

Scass
26-05-18, 21:27
Yes, you don’t have to do it if you don’t want to. So take it while it’s there, but if you’re stressed then say no now, not later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

phil06
26-05-18, 22:25
Yes I booked a holiday and I won’t pay it off until August so it’s a hard choice!

All I know is I don’t want to work feel bored of working

Homer47
29-05-18, 15:01
Extra money is always good to have i guess you do 12 hr shifts why don’t you say i can work so many hrs or just say you can’t somethings come up. I do overtime like this wk sat and Sunday my names down again. I want it some people don’t choice is yours.

BeckyL
01-06-18, 10:52
Your mental and physical health is the most important thing overall, although extra money is nice and it's also tempting but don't wear yourself out. This happens to me at work sometimes and I usually compromise and do just a few extra hours so you still get extra money but you're not stretching yourself too much. :)