PDA

View Full Version : Staph Infection Wont Go Away

Franchesca
28-05-18, 01:50
Hello, Earlier today I introduced myself. I thought I would write this now because of weather power keeps going out. I suffer from panic, anxiety, depression, and severe agoraphobia and health anxiety. I am basically housebound. A month ago I noticed pain under my arm while showering. My lymph node was swollen and painful. I tried not to obsess. Then a ugly purple sore came like a boil or pimple...tried peroxide, neosporin..etc... no help...called my housecall PA..he cultured it....said "moderate" staph infection. antibiotics, had to take another kind because I was pretrified of first ones side effects. I took Keflex for 10 days, twice a day. But the sore is still there! The lymph node has gone gown, no pain, just itchy and tender, but the scary purple sore still there almost 5 weeks. Its caused me to get worse. My panic is bad.

PA said his Doctor said infection probably gone...but why is sore still there?? He is out of town for holiday weekend. Mentioned dermatologist..which is impossible because of my agoraphobia. I googled it and it scared me more. Now I am terrified the and its going to kill me. Did anyone ever have anything like this.. I probably ned more antibotic not back till Wednesday and he did not want to anyway..Question?? How can infection be gone if sore still there there not getting worse just no better.. any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Cab9792
28-05-18, 03:39
Hey there. I actually had MRSA on my leg a few years back. MRSA is basically a severe staph infection. It’s called that because it is resistant to some antibiotics althougg there are still some that treat it. My sore was definitely purple as well. And it took quite a while to heal!! It was a good 8 years ago so I’m not quite sure how long although I will tell you I still have a scar from it. Even if the infection is gone it still needs time to heal. Give it a couple more weeks and if you still see no healing at all then ring up the doctor but I promise you... you aren’t dying from this! Even if it were to advance to MRSA you still won’t die. People don’t die from that around here it’s more like third world countries . If you have taken all your antibiotics just wait it out for healing. Unless it starts oozing more pus and getting larger I think you are just fine!

Franchesca
28-05-18, 05:08
Thank You so very much Cab for responding to my question. I appreciate it. Im very sorry you had MRSA and glad you recovered! This has been eating away at me for weeks. I should not of went online and saw scary sepis stories. I have another small sore under my other arm, its not purple, so hopefully unrelated.

I was terrified too take the Cipro, the insert was terrifying. I hope the Keflex was strong enough. I finished the antibotics a week ago, I was hoping it would at least shrink. It made me feel better to read when you said your sore was there awhile, but I'm sorry you had to go thru it. Did you have to take a second round of antibiotics? You may not remember I realize it was several years ago.

I guess I will have to give more time. I hope I do not have to have a dermotologist remove it. I think my real fear Was another infection. Thank you very much Cab.