PDA

View Full Version : Colon Cancer scare

AlwaysWorried1980
28-05-18, 07:53
Hello everyone, I can not believe such a forum exists, I'm so happy I found you guys! It is almost 3am and I found this website while searching colon cancer.

Iam 37 year old and I have been having flat stools now for about 3 weeks, sometime they are not flat but round sausage like but I would say 90% of the time they are flat! I have no problem going to the bathroom, I dont strain nor feel bloated, nor do i feel unrelieved after my bowel movements, no blood either from what I can see, I do have a knot like pain in my Lower abdomens, it is the part of the stomach that meets the groin and there is that separation line which easy to spot if your thin like me, I have a knot like pain maybe .5-1 inch above that separation line in my left lower abdomen.

I have been so stressed, I keep thinking of the worse and I can not snap out of it. Unfortunately I have been this way since i was a child, I have always worried about health issues and assumed the worse.

Any help? Please. I'm so stressed

Rele
28-05-18, 08:58
Hi AlwaysWorried and welcome.

I'm glad you found the forum in your time of need, i find it really helps ground you when you're in that awful state we all know too well. I wish you'd found it another way though... Searching for colon cancer is only going to worsen your anxiety.

I wish I could offer some reassurance but, the truth is, nobody here is a medical professional. What I can say though is that I'm in the same boat as you. I've been noticing flat stools for a few months now. I've been to the docs and he didn't seem concerned in the slightest. Flat stools could be anything from IBS to haemorrhoids or even just plain anxiety causing your muscles down there to become tense and constrict the stool. As I'm sure you've already read, flat stools are not one of the main telltale signs of cancer anyway.

What I would do is pay your doctor a visit and see what they have to say. Also, stop Googling! When you Google you make an ass out of you and m... Hold on, I don't have an anecdote for Googling yet...