PDA

View Full Version : Do I need a MRI a scan

Annie21
28-05-18, 10:16
Hi everyone I have a cancer anxiety especially pancreatic / liver cancer ... I had experienced symptom of bloating and pain between the shoulders 4 times this year and finally
ended up at A&E as was experiencing chest pain and had numerous blood test and xray and ultrasound . The bottom line was after 2 liver function test I was told my ALT was higher than what it should be and my bilbrium was slightly elevated. I had a ultrasound and the Dr advised me that I had numerous gallstones one being 16mm big and told that I may need surgery. I should be relieved I've had my scan results appear clear but at the back of my mind is that may be the ultrasound wasn't clear maybe something else has been missed ie a cancer and my anxiety levels are so high that all I'm doing is googling and convinced that my blood results point to an undiagnosed cancer. I'm driving my husband demented and have been researching having a private MRI / CT scan even though I know they are expensive. My husband says the scan will not calm my fears and says I should trust the Drs and what they are telling me and that any scan will not reassure me but my brain tells my that mistakes happen . Can anyone here give me some advise... Thank you so much for reading this any advuse would be really appreciated

ankietyjoe
28-05-18, 11:43
Your husband is right.

If one set of tests haven't stopped you 'what if'ing'.....why do you believe another set of tests will?

Health anxiety by definition, means that no amount of evidence will stop you catastrophising the simplest of symptoms.

You should focus on the health anxiety, not the symptoms.