PDA

View Full Version : No problem getting to sleep

Rele
28-05-18, 15:10
Hi everyone!

I first experienced GAD in 2013 after a major panic attack which left me in a constant state of panic and dread for a couple of years. It subsided after I met my partner the following year but is now back after a couple of health scares/health anxiety episodes which I won't go into right now.

Anyway, throughout all of this, medicated and unmedicated, I've never had a problem with sleep. I know this sounds like a great thing but, because difficulty sleeping is one of those textbook anxiety symptoms and I don't have it, it makes me think something else is seriously wrong with me (I know, you can't win!)

What I mean is that I go to bed at 10/11, fall asleep within 5 minutes and sleep through the night until about 7am, when my anxiety kicks in and I have to get up.

This can't be normal, can it? I'm interested to know if anyone else has the same experience.

ankietyjoe
28-05-18, 20:56
It's very common for people to have anxiety in the morning due to hormone levels.

The best thing to do is get up as normal, go through your normal routine and let it pass.

You got through your anxiety before, and you will again.

The biggest mistake people make (in my opinion) when having a relapse is catastrophising it and analysing the reasons why.

It just is, let it be, let it pass.

NervousKel
28-05-18, 22:51
It sounds very normal to me:-). Anxiety can manifest itself in all sorts of ways. You are one of the lucky ones where it doesn't affect your sleep:-). Even the fact that you are worrying about this, is a symptom of your anxiety;-).