PDA

View Full Version : Fear around risks of having my pupils dilated I am so scared please can anyone help

sammiej123
28-05-18, 16:18
Hi all

I have to have an eye examination on Wednesday during which I have to get eye drops in my eyes to dilate my pupils. I am so scared I have had an awful weekend, I am worried about side effects or some adverse reaction. Please could someone help I would be so grateful!!
Sammie J

Fishmanpa
28-05-18, 16:24
The only side effect is some blurry vision and sensitivity to bright light for a little while :shrug:

Positive thoughts

Shadowhawk
28-05-18, 16:29
While i completely understand the fear that an HA suffer can feel, i can easily say that this is one of the most benign "medical" things that is ever done. It does not hurt, its effects go away shortly, and will ensure a proper examination.

Please, do not be afraid of this. The worst thing? Those anti-social glasses they give you afterward.. lol. Those things scream nerd! ;)

sammiej123
28-05-18, 16:37
Thanks so much for your much appreciated responses guys.. I must stop googling things as it says all sorts of horrible things like it can cause a serious issue with your eyes and make you unwell etc etc ...

Pkstracy
29-05-18, 05:57
It is the most harmless test there is, You will have a bit of blurry vision and sensitive to bright light,for a bit.

HelloPanda23
29-05-18, 06:09
Thanks so much for your much appreciated responses guys.. I must stop googling things as it says all sorts of horrible things like it can cause a serious issue with your eyes and make you unwell etc etc ...

No way lol. I've had my pupils dilated many times before due to eye examinations, only thing that sucks about them is that they make it hard for me to play games, and also the blurred vision. It goes away after a day anyways, don't be afraid, you'll be fine.

sammiej123
29-05-18, 12:40
Thanks again wonderful people! Each message is helping my confidence for tomorrow. Wishing you all positive thoughts.

sarahxxx
29-05-18, 12:52
you dont feel a thing just a bit of blurred vision mine goes in around 10 mins