PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Vacation - Panicking about everything

NurseCurse
28-05-18, 21:59
I’m new to this site and I need some help and reassurance. My husband and I have been planning our delayed honeymoon of a lifetime for two years now, and we leave in just a few days. I’ve always suffered from OCD and panic disorder, and before any major life events (new jobs, my wedding day, vacations), my health anxiety takes over and I can hardly function.

When I hang out with friends or go to the store or do anything, I obsess over what germs I might be encountering and how I could get some horrible sickness and miss out on my trip. We have been financially struggling this year and we have sacrificed a lot to keep this trip on our agenda. This morning I swallowed a large gulp of water down the wrong tube and I’m TERRIFIED that I could get aspiration pneumonia and it could ruin our entire trip.

Please tell me that I’m being ridiculous. Tell me this is impossible. Tell me I’m young and healthy and my immune system will clear it. The water bottle hasn’t been washed in a couple of days which was stupid of me and it was tap water.

nomorepanic
28-05-18, 22:05
Highly unlikely to be honest - enjoy the trip

kivyt73
29-05-18, 01:28
I just wanted to tell you that you are not alone. I have a trip in six days and my anxiety is starting to get going. I have been doing better with my panic symptoms but I know they will likely start going as the trip gets closer. I don't like being confined in the car and I have a 7 hour road trip to take so I am pretty nervous. I know I will be fine and it won't be as bad as I am worried it will be and I know you will be fine too. It is not dangerous, just anxiety.

Ivy