PDA

View Full Version : Got ultrasound done today. Scared they’ll find something.

Drew1994
29-05-18, 18:37
Back in March I was at the doctor and he did some lab work and everything came back fine except my liver enzymes ALP and AST were elevated and my cholesterol was high. The doc ordered a liver ultrasound and I went today and they scanned my liver, my gallbladder, my pancreas and bile ducts. During the test my heart was beating so fast and I was scared I’d see something. I didn’t see anything that stood out to me like a tumor or anything but they said the radiologist will send the report to my doctor and he will call me back. I’m so so scared they’ll find something like cancer. I figure if I had cancer I’d have some other alarming symptom besides just elevated liver enzymes but I don’t. Still scared to death

ODA_555
29-05-18, 19:05
I understand how you feel. I have an U/S coming up in two days and I'm starting to get nervous.

Red12345
29-05-18, 19:42
I had one a few weeks ago and all was fine.

Did the radiographer not mention if they had seen anything? I think they would if they did

chomer86
30-05-18, 00:45
Believe me if they had found a tumor on the scan, you would have found out today. I know unfortunately from my dads experience :( Take comfort in the fact they let you straight out today if they had found the dreaded C they wouldn’t have. All the best and tak care.

Shadowhawk
30-05-18, 01:00
Honestly? With high cholesterol, by far the odds are nothing more than fatty liver (not that its not something to ignore, but not the big C you are fearing). Get to a better diet and more active lifestyle, and you will likely see that go back the other way. Don't stress this..

Drew1994
30-05-18, 22:22
The doctor still hasn’t called me. I saw it in real time and I personally didn’t see a tumor or anything. Maybe the doc would have said something while I was there?

nickieb
10-01-19, 16:06
What was the outcome?

nicole97
10-01-19, 17:00
I agree with Shadowhawk, probably something like a fatty liver. Did you hear from the doc?

Carlton
10-01-19, 20:31
Feel for you. Waiting for test results is always an anxiety-raiser for me.