PDA

View Full Version : Panic attack while calm?

yarodao
29-05-18, 19:18
Hi i know ive been a frequent topic creator here. But still need reasurance. How the heck does panic kick in when im calm? Like 5minutes ago i was playing on my console and out of nowhere my whole body was cold and sweaty i mean dripping wet. I managed to control that feeling but im out for the rest of the day. Do these ''flashes'' happen to you too?
Thanks.

Fishmanpa
29-05-18, 21:35
Anxiety is like a campfire. When you're in the midst of a spiral the fire is burning bright and hot. When the flames die down, there's still a bed of red hot coals burning away just waiting for some more fuel. You may not feel anxious but your body is still on high alert and has a bed of hot anxiety coals inside just waiting to flare up. Just like a campfire, the hot coals of anxiety take a long time to finally go out.

Something fed those hot coals... that's about the gist of it :shrug:

Positive thoughts

ankietyjoe
30-05-18, 13:07
Video games can be surprisingly triggering/stressful. Even if you've played them for years and are used to them.

It's also common for panic attacks to happen out of the blue anyway.

wcs2222
30-05-18, 17:16
Hi Yarodao,
It happens to me also while not doing much (watch TV, type email, internet surfing etc.). It only takes a split second for something negative to pop into my mind to trigger a panic. When that happens, I try to redirect my attention away, such as focus on taking a big breath, which sometimes helps the panic to subside and be less intense.

yarodao
01-06-18, 18:02
Thanks for this. I thought i had it under control but it came back a bit. Just get these stupid jolts at random.

TunaFish
02-06-18, 13:43
Your subconscious is not calm and quiet, it has its own life and remembers the wrong behavior and wrong thoughts - feed your mind with positive thought and good behavior and your anixety will go away (much much easier said than done)

Hufflestuff3
03-06-18, 06:46
I also drop into panic with what feels like no trigger, I actually had to quit playing a lot of games that are intense or fast paced like FPS' and suspense games because they would trigger my panic no matter how hard I tried I eventually chose my mental health over games I loved and now stick to casual simulation type games, just my personal experience though, it helped a lot in giving me a calm escape into gaming.