PDA

View Full Version : Website not secure

Red12345
29-05-18, 19:45
Every time that I log in to NMP lately I get a warning to say the website is not secure. Is there a problem?

nomorepanic
29-05-18, 22:37
Nope - it is because we haven't implemented a security certificate yet.

nomorepanic
29-05-18, 22:38
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

venusbluejeans
29-05-18, 23:10
and the security certificate costs money....

The only personal details we hold on members are email addresses really so the Security certificate is not really needed......we don't hold any bank details for example which would warrant getting that security certificate

nomorepanic
29-05-18, 23:15
Alex will implement it at some point as I believe there are free ones available now.

venusbluejeans
29-05-18, 23:23
Alex will implement it at some point as I believe there are free ones available now.

ah that's good news

Bigboyuk
30-05-18, 13:15
Yes that is good news :) What I want to know regarding the NMP Online shop while no CC/DD details are held by NMP they still have to be entered in so what I am asking is: 1. is this address https:// etc and 2. Once the details have been entered in and a item/items have been purchased does the bank details get wiped? 3. Is NMP using 128 SSL technology? Thx ATB

nomorepanic
30-05-18, 15:05
They are not entered on NMP - you are redirected to Paypal to pay.

The online shop is used about twice a year so will soon be either deleted altogether or a new one implemented.

Bigboyuk
30-05-18, 15:08
They are not entered on NMP - you are redirected to Paypal to pay.

The online shop is used about twice a year so will soon be either deleted altogether or a new one implemented. Ahh ok then that saves any hacking on NMP as they wont find nothing:yesyes: Thx Nic ATB