PDA

View Full Version : Same collarbone node since August 2016

Stephenie.welch
29-05-18, 19:45
Someone please tell me i would know by now if I had lymphoma.. I found a node back in 2016 (I posted about it) and ultrasound was scheduled and it was 7 mm it has never been an issue with my doctors they all say to stop and that I don’t have it and to go live my life and enjoy my son.. but I’m still so scared. It feels a little bigger to me but I really think that’s because it’s encased in like fat around it. It still moves so much under my finger and it cannot feel it well at all unless I dig my finger into my neck or lay a certain way. Also ended up having a cat scan of soft tissue neck and it never mentioned a supraclavicular node only a jugulodigastric one which when I look that up it doesn’t seem to be close to there.. it seems it’s a tonsil node? But I Jus want to move on so badly. It’s been almost two years I have NO weight loss I’ve actually gained, it’s hot as hell here in Texas right now and have zero night sweats, no fevers. Do you think I can let it go? I’ve been to over 6 doctors just ents for this and no one has been suspicious

Fishmanpa
29-05-18, 19:54
Cancer is an uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells. It doesn't come and go nor does it stop once it starts.

That statement answers your question.

Positive thoughts

Stephenie.welch
29-05-18, 20:18
I’m really trying to see it that way. Surely by now it’d be huge

ThroatGoat
29-05-18, 20:54
I can feel nodes everywhere and have night sweats. If I were to pick one of us who had lymphoma? It'd be me, and I'm 90% sure I haven't got it. :D

eminence
29-05-18, 23:17
I can relate. I've been able to feel pea-sized lymph nodes on either side of my neck for a whole year now. They scare the hell out of me and I've never been comforted for long.

If I can feel a node in my neck? It's lymphoma.
If they've been there for a year and not grown? It's a slow-growing lymphoma.
If I have no other symptoms? It's a stealthy cancer.
If I find another node in my body? It's spreading.

Don't bother worrying. Listen to your doctors instead.

BigPlay
30-05-18, 11:41
Neck lymph nodes - i've got two on my neck that are very easy to feel. They go up when I get sick, and go down afterwards.

They have been that size for many years! When sick they are probably 1cm+ - I'm just glad they did their job!

Limeslime
30-05-18, 11:48
Oh my gosh...I have an identical node! 7mm, just above collarbone, feels like a pea, very movable, painless! I haven’t had an ultrasound (nhs won’t even justify the expense over something so classically normal) my GP simply says it’s a lymph node...our body has hundreds of them. This one isn’t even swollen...it just so happens that I can feel it as that’s the way my body is built. She said they’d only be concerned if it was larger than 1cm, painful or fixed and immovable.
I know our HA makes it so hard to come back down from the panic, even after the GP reassures is, but Im sure your little node is perfectly harmless!

ToasterOvens
30-05-18, 16:37
Let me join the lymph node club here... I also got several I can feel. If you dig you'll find them. I have one permanent one above the collarbone closer to my neck. Hasn't caused me any issues. Also confirmed to be nothing by several doctors.

There are a lot of nodes in that area. Mine isn't supraclavicular either. Just cause its near your collarbone doesn't mean its bad.