PDA

View Full Version : scared i'm gonna go deaf

lucky-one
29-05-18, 23:52
hello!
ugh I always feel kinda silly posting this stuff here but what can you do.
Okay so I have an earlobe piercing that's a bit irritated at the moment and since I'm terrified of it getting infected and that I'll eventually get a sepsis and die, I disinfected it with octenisept by spraying it on the piercing...turns out your not supposed to do that since it should go into your ear. Since I now read of people talking about how you'll go deaf if it gets onto your eardrums I am positively terrified.
I tried to rinse my ear under my shower since I don't have one of those weird rubber cleaning things and well...New problem, the inside of my ear feels wet now and I'm not sure if it's just the water or the spray and since there might still water in there I'm also scared of an infection *sigh*.
It's also currently 1am so there's no way for me to call a doctor (not sure of I even should though)

My ear doesn't hurt or anything, it's a bit warm but that's probably due to me trying to dry it.

Does anyone have experience with any of this maybe? :wacko:

utrocket09
30-05-18, 02:43
hello!
ugh I always feel kinda silly posting this stuff here but what can you do.
Okay so I have an earlobe piercing that's a bit irritated at the moment and since I'm terrified of it getting infected and that I'll eventually get a sepsis and die, I disinfected it with octenisept by spraying it on the piercing...turns out your not supposed to do that since it should go into your ear. Since I now read of people talking about how you'll go deaf if it gets onto your eardrums I am positively terrified.
I tried to rinse my ear under my shower since I don't have one of those weird rubber cleaning things and well...New problem, the inside of my ear feels wet now and I'm not sure if it's just the water or the spray and since there might still water in there I'm also scared of an infection *sigh*.
It's also currently 1am so there's no way for me to call a doctor (not sure of I even should though)

My ear doesn't hurt or anything, it's a bit warm but that's probably due to me trying to dry it.

Does anyone have experience with any of this maybe? :wacko:

As someone whom actually has hearing loss, believe me you would have other symptoms. Getting liquid or anything on your eardrum doesnt mean you will go deaf.

BigPlay
30-05-18, 10:35
Sometime piercings do get infected - it's no big deal. You would notice it before it gets to the sepsis stage (and hopefully would have done something about it). Think pus, throbbing pain, swollen that sort of thing.

Did you spray the octenisept into your ear canal? I doubt it as your piercing isn't in the ear canal.

If you did get some in accidentally, i'm sure washing out your ears would dilute it to the point where nothing would happen.