PDA

View Full Version : Does a holiday help HA? Worried!

Limeslime
30-05-18, 11:42
I’ve had a horrible week with my HA. I just don’t seem to be able to come down from a state of panic.
I’m jetting off to Spain with my husband and children in a few weeks, and right now that serves as a beautiful distraction as I enjoy planning our outfits and shopping for our holiday clothes.
However, I’m scared that my HA will play up whilst we’re there and that I’ll ruin the holiday for everyone by being frightened over yet another illness or symptom that I may discover.
Yet on the other hand, I’m hoping that being ina different surrounding and routine might help my HA, even if just temporarily.
I guess I’m just in that classic spiral of being “scared of being scared”.
Anyone have any experiences of how holidays helped or hindered your HA?

roseanxiety
30-05-18, 16:33
Holidays calm down my anxiety actually. Maybe because you can relax a little and not be so consumed by anxious thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ToasterOvens
30-05-18, 16:44
I recommend setting aside time to worry when you get back. That's what I do.

Enjoy every minute of the vacation. If something comes up, worry about it when you're bored at home in a week or so. And there's a good chance that you'll forget about most of the postponed worries.

Different routines have done wonders for my health anxiety. Even new jobs, new stores to go to, new parks to visit. Keep your mind busy.

Andrash
30-05-18, 17:12
It definitely does help.

Limeslime
30-05-18, 21:11
Gosh I hope so!!! My poor brain needs a break just as much as I do :roflmao: