PDA

View Full Version : spiraling out of control- please help

Ethansmom
30-05-18, 18:51
It's no secret that i suffer from anxiety and have been on this website for 2 + years now. I am out of control lately.

I just found out that my 71 year old dad has to have back surgery (AGAIN). The thing is he has parkinsons and i'm worried he will die in surgery. Honestly, i can't believe i am saying this out loud, but I am terrified. My doctor has also increased my dosage of trintellix and wants to add on 12.5MG of seroquel to calm me down at night. I'm having nights of tossing and turning.

I woke up this morning and thought i was loosing my mind. I literally was shaking and felt like i could commit myself to a psych ward. What worried me is that i could not stop the anxiety. I took klonopin and was better for a few hours. I'm still feeling anxious and feel like i can't breath.

I'm worried seroquel will make me worse and cause weight gain. I worried my dad will die in surgery, and i'm worried that i'm going crazy. I should expect an increase in anxiety with upping my trintellix dosage since day 4 or 5 is when it really happens. It either calms down after this, or it doesn't.

How do I cope? what can i do to calm the body and anxious thoughts. I am at work right now and thankfully have therapy in a few hours. Has anyone dealt with feeling like they are literally loosing their mind. I'm sad and anxious today.

wilky44
30-05-18, 20:55
Take heart from the fact that anaesthetic is a very safe procedure! Price Phillip, who's 96, had it with no issues!

Ethansmom
31-05-18, 00:16
That's a good point! I had therapy today and worked on CBT a bit with my counselor, however i still feel anxious. ugh :( I know it will take a bit for my anxiety to calm down.