PDA

View Full Version : HIV anxiety

LvdS
30-05-18, 21:24
Hello, I've been having a massive fear of having contracted HIV lately.

At the start of february, I had sexual relations with a white female for about a month and a half. I have no idea how promiscuous she has been, which is one of the big reasons why im so afraid. It wasn't a fling, felt more like dating for that time. We always had protected sex, but never used protection for oral sex. Near the end, so about a month after we met, I got a massive fever, with headaches, sore throat, swollen lymph nodes, muscle pains and most importantly, a mouth full of canker sores. (I bite the inside of my lips, and a canker sore came up everywhere that I had bitten recently, so I almost couldnt eat and speak.) The fever lasted a bit less than two weeks, and this was during a period where we had a bit of a fever season, so everybody got sick at that time.

Nevertheless, this has made me terribly afraid of having contracted HIV from her, especially the canker sores in my mouth. This week ive gotten some canker sores in my mouth again, and this has set off my anxiety again. Im getting tested next week, but I'd love to hear your opinion on this situation? Is there a realistic risk here?

AMomentofClarity
30-05-18, 21:30
We always had protected sex

Absolutely 0 risk you have HIV.

LvdS
30-05-18, 21:31
Absolutely 0 risk you have HIV.
Even with the unprotected oral sex?

AMomentofClarity
30-05-18, 22:14
Even with the unprotected oral sex?

Oral sex is considered a practically nonexistent HIV risk.

LvdS
30-05-18, 22:16
Oral sex is considered a practically nonexistent HIV risk.

Thank you, still getting a test next week but this is good to hear. I've been freaking out about the mouth ulcers and how they are connected to HIV way too much

Fishmanpa
30-05-18, 22:17
Thank you, still getting a test next week but this is good to hear. I've been freaking out about the mouth ulcers and how they are connected to HIV way too much

I was just going to say that we could say no risk till the cows come home and it won't quell your worry. All I know is the "Told ya so Gang" is awaiting your clear test results ;)

Positive thoughts

Red12345
30-05-18, 22:31
You might want to have a read of my recent posts relating to HIV. I had got myself into a right state which was a complete overreaction but totally real in my mind.

Based on my interactions with 2 doctors who conducted HIV tests it is super difficult to contract it unless you are having regular anal sex or having regular sex with someone from a high risk country.

But get a test - it is the only thing that will calm you down.

LvdS
30-05-18, 22:44
You might want to have a read of my recent posts relating to HIV. I had got myself into a right state which was a complete overreaction but totally real in my mind.

Based on my interactions with 2 doctors who conducted HIV tests it is super difficult to contract it unless you are having regular anal sex or having regular sex with someone from a high risk country.

But get a test - it is the only thing that will calm you down.

That is also good to hear.
Deep down I know that this is not a very realistic fear at the moment, and somewhere i know that this is my brain's way of dealing with her breaking off contact all of a sudden while I was emotionally moving towards a steady relationship, and I feel i've gotten some trust issues towards her because of it.