PDA

View Full Version : Feeling depressed and apathetic - Week 4 of Celexa

megrrrrr
30-05-18, 21:46
Hello everyone, I just made an account today, this is an absolutely amazing resource.
I'm 26, suffering from panic disorder anxiety and major depressive, held out for forever - but panic attacks and depression/passive suicidal thoughts were keeping me from being able to work and I was about to lose my job, so I got on Celexa. 10 mg, but started out by cutting them in half and now I'm on 10mg at week 4.
I don't really have a support system, just my boyfriend whos been really great through this whole unstable emotional mess, but I've started to distrust him, anxiety is super high when I'm around him and my libido is at an all time low, when we had the most amazing, physical, loving connection. I miss it so bad.
The past 3 days I've felt empty and like nothing makes me happy, very, very sad and hopeless. Does this pass?
I find I'm isolating myself hard and don't really care. I miss the connection I had with my boyfriend but anxiety, apathy and despondence are real.
Thanks for reading.

wcs2222
30-05-18, 23:13
Hi megrrrrr,
I am sorry to hear your story.

I have been on/off Zoloft and Celexa (citalopram) for over 20 years and, most recently, went back on cit 5 1/2 weeks ago when my panic came back. The side effects are horrible and I am still not back to "normal".

10mg is quite a low dose and 20mg is more common. Because you started at 5mg (cutting tablet in half), the 10mg dosage really did not start until you started taking the full tablet and it can take another 4-6 weeks and longer (depends person-by-person) for full effect.

Take it one day at the time and it gets better. Check with your doctor whether 10mg is the right dosage for you. Use this forum for support.
Hope things improve for you soon.

NervousKel
31-05-18, 14:33
I was on 40 mg of Citalopram for 5 years. I'd still be on it, but it quit working for me so I had to switch.

The start up side effects are really rough, and unfortunately an increase in anxiety and depression is quite common.

That being said, you are on a really low dose; I think they say 20 mg and up is the standard to treat anxiety and depression; 10 mg is more of a start up dose to get your body used to the drug.

You may want to make an appointment with your doctor, and see what he/she says.

Lulu1960
31-05-18, 15:03
Iam on ten milligrams and recovered...

megrrrrr
31-05-18, 18:21
I'm on 10 mg because I'm very sensitive to drugs and am very small
4'10" 100lbs
That's relieving to hear the worsened depression/anxiety is common, it gives me hope.