PDA

View Full Version : In a very bad way over my health

Matthew1233
31-05-18, 18:10
I'm terrified at the minute. I believe I have cancer or another serious blood disorder. I think I have tiredness but I am able to do normal everyday activities such as drive go for walks etc. while not getting out of breath. (Although the weather is unusually warm where I live). Also I have noticed a few small brown bruises on either leg but my legs are always bruisey. I jsut can't help worrying what's wrong and I don't have a lot of people to talk to meaning I google symptoms like crazy. I'm just not in a good place right now.

Andrash
31-05-18, 18:17
I'm terrified at the minute. I believe I have cancer or another serious blood disorder. I think I have tiredness but I am able to do normal everyday activities such as drive go for walks etc. while not getting out of breath. (Although the weather is unusually warm where I live). Also I have noticed a few small brown bruises on either leg but my legs are always bruisey. I jsut can't help worrying what's wrong and I don't have a lot of people to talk to meaning I google symptoms like crazy. I'm just not in a good place right now.

Why? What made you think like that? Explain to us, it will help both you and us.

Matthew1233
31-05-18, 18:30
Why? What made you think like that? Explain to us, it will help both you and us.

I googled my tiredness and the first thing i saw was leukaemia which I then looked into and now I think I have those symptoms

Andrash
31-05-18, 18:41
I googled my tiredness and the first thing i saw was leukaemia which I then looked into and now I think I have those symptoms

Ok, thanks. I will try to reassure you by telling you this - since the beginning of this forum, there have been probably THOUSANDS of threads, 90% (including my first) about the same thing - about people who googled their symptoms and got convinced they suffer from serious diseases when in fact they were (and still are) PERFECTLY HEALTHY. If you don't believe me, check out for yourself :) All of them - perfectly healthy.

Therefore, my advice to you:

1. DO NOT GOOGLE. Better still, block all medical sites.
2. Health anxiety also causes physical symptoms and that happened to you too.
3. Your tiredness can be due to many things and absolutely does not mean you have cancer. You do not have cancer. Instead of googling, try combating health anxiety (which also causes fatigue) with some free CBT on this site. Also, be active and live your life to the fullest. If your tiredness doesn't subside in a month or so, consult your GP, but even if it comes to that, overwhelming odds are it is again nothing serious.

Matthew1233
31-05-18, 18:56
Ok, thanks. I will try to reassure you by telling you this - since the beginning of this forum, there have been probably THOUSANDS of threads, 90% (including my first) about the same thing - about people who googled their symptoms and got convinced they suffer from serious diseases when in fact they were (and still are) PERFECTLY HEALTHY. If you don't believe me, check out for yourself :) All of them - perfectly healthy.

Therefore, my advice to you:

1. DO NOT GOOGLE. Better still, block all medical sites.
2. Health anxiety also causes physical symptoms and that happened to you too.
3. Your tiredness can be due to many things and absolutely does not mean you have cancer. You do not have cancer. Instead of googling, try combating health anxiety (which also causes fatigue) with some free CBT on this site. Also, be active and live your life to the fullest. If your tiredness doesn't subside in a month or so, consult your GP, but even if it comes to that, overwhelming odds are it is again nothing serious.

Thanks
although I'm still worried about the bruises which are small and brown and I can also carry out everyday tasks

cindy90
31-05-18, 19:52
I think you would probably have more symptoms than tiredness. Have you had blood tests done to see if you have any vitamin deficiencies, which is more likely to cause this? I bruise like a peach, often find bruises and I have no clue how I’ve done them.

Matthew1233
31-05-18, 20:16
I think you would probably have more symptoms than tiredness. Have you had blood tests done to see if you have any vitamin deficiencies, which is more likely to cause this? I bruise like a peach, often find bruises and I have no clue how I’ve done them.

I rarely eat any red meat or iron. What about dark circles under eyes?

Andrash
31-05-18, 22:21
I rarely eat any red meat or iron. What about dark circles under eyes?

Well, that can be a perfectly benign and logical explanation for the bruising - your iron is low and you need to increase your intake.

As for dark circles under eyes, I have them when I am not sleeping well, if that helps.

Matthew1233
31-05-18, 22:25
Well, that can be a perfectly benign and logical explanation for the bruising - your iron is low and you need to increase your intake.

As for dark circles under eyes, I have them when I am not sleeping well, if that helps.

I think the dark circles are genetic tbh

Andrash
31-05-18, 22:28
I think the dark circles are genetic tbh

Here you are.

Paul84
31-05-18, 22:28
Dark circles can also be attributed to Allergies I believe. Very common

Matthew1233
31-05-18, 22:56
Here you are.

But are they caused by anything serious. Again I'm tempted to go to Google and frantically research it

Bigboyuk
31-05-18, 23:05
But are they caused by anything serious. Again I'm tempted to go to Google and frantically research it Hi Matthew seriously Don't Dr Google he is not your friend and will only fuel your irrational fears and you will end up even worse,if this helps I suffer from fatigue too and I have had this for years and I am still here I suggest its your HA playing tricks with your head so stay away from Dr Google you don't have cancer ATB

Matthew1233
01-06-18, 19:14
Hi Matthew seriously Don't Dr Google he is not your friend and will only fuel your irrational fears and you will end up even worse,if this helps I suffer from fatigue too and I have had this for years and I am still here I suggest its your HA playing tricks with your head so stay away from Dr Google you don't have a brain tumour ATB

Okay thank you but I'm not worried about brain tumour though

Bigboyuk
01-06-18, 19:33
Okay thank you but I'm not worried about brain tumour though np Matthew :) and have corrected my post to you don't have cancer keep off Google and doing something else enjoyable to take you mind of things mate;) ATB

Matthew1233
01-06-18, 22:15
My worry has now shifted mainly to the few bruises which are light brown on my legs. Again I am tempted to Google everything and worry myself.

Bigboyuk
01-06-18, 22:20
My worry has now shifted mainly to the few bruises which are light brown on my legs. Again I am tempted to Google everything and worry myself. Nope wouldnt help you one bit,but go ahead if you want your anxiety levels to rise which I am sure you don't get off the internet and do something else enjoyable end of :) ATB

Matthew1233
01-06-18, 22:34
Nope wouldnt help you one bit,but go ahead if you want your anxiety levels to rise which I am sure you don't get off the internet and do something else enjoyable end of :) ATB

I just feel if I don't do it I won't get the information and I'm tempting fate

Andrash
01-06-18, 22:50
But are they caused by anything serious. Again I'm tempted to go to Google and frantically research it

No, genetic means nothing serious - it is just your body.

Bigboyuk
01-06-18, 23:17
I just feel if I don't do it I won't get the information and I'm tempting fate That's what your dr is for, a proper dr who has trained for years but its your choice doesn't that make more sense?
I am trying to help you can you see that? ATB

Matthew1233
01-06-18, 23:27
That's what your dr is for, a proper dr who has trained for years but its your choice doesn't that make more sense?
I am trying to help you can you see that? ATB

No I get that but I cannot simply control myself from looking up symptoms

jray23
01-06-18, 23:39
If you can't resist the urge to Google, then search for things like "health anxiety tiredness" and see what comes up. [emoji6]

That way you'll convince yourself you have anxiety which is 10,000x more likely...

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Bigboyuk
01-06-18, 23:41
No I get that but I cannot simply control myself from looking up symptoms No such word as cant yeah I know its hard just try and take your mind off doing it Like I said before do something else that is enjoyable ATB

---------- Post added at 23:41 ---------- Previous post was at 23:39 ----------

If you can't resist the urge to Google, then search for things like "health anxiety tiredness" and see what comes up. [emoji6]

That way you'll convince yourself you have anxiety which is 10,000x more likely...

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk that's a cool idea jray ;) ATb

AnxiousinCali
02-06-18, 00:08

This has been the most helpful thing I've done to diminish my anxiety. I also have a hard time not Googling, so this is a great way for me to do it in a productive way. Can't recommend it enough!

jray23
02-06-18, 01:58
This has been the most helpful thing I've done to diminish my anxiety. I also have a hard time not Googling, so this is a great way for me to do it in a productive way. Can't recommend it enough!It's what got me to discover NMP in the first place!

Matthew1233
02-06-18, 10:29
N.B. I had a blood test done in November 2017 if this helps- all fine