PDA

View Full Version : Acid reflux/Pain Under Right Ribs/IBS

jarmummy123
31-05-18, 21:22
Hi All

After a few years of being HA free it’s now creeped back again.
I have IBS confirmed by hospital.
Past week I have been getting acid reflux (had this is 2015 and given omeprazole).... burning sternum/acid in mouth. Started back on omeprazole on Sunday evening. My IBS has also been playing up. Two days ago my right ribs felt sore. Not painful just aware of them. Yesterday something felt odd under my right ribs, like a bubble. Was only aware when sitting our laying. Last night I decided to have a feel about near my ribs and felt something that didn’t feel right. Poked and felt about for hours and whole area felt sore. Last night it hurt to lay in right side. Felt like rib bubble was trapped air and ribs felt sore too. Hardly slept. I visited my Dr tonight who felt about and said that lump I felt was normal ribs and could have inflammation. She said all feels normal.
Tonight my acid reflux is playing up slightly. My ribs feel sore too when sitting.
I feel convinced it’s something bad.......

Any advice or anyone else had rib issues?

Volvic
01-06-18, 12:43
I used to get this constant gnawing sensation on my right side. I think its where the intestine is. I honestly cannot claim to have improved my diet, the only thing I've actively taken for it on and off was Lansoprazole.

But its actually a problem I don't, or very rarely have anymore. This used to be constant so it may not be something you should worry about if your doctor seemed happy.

Twisted-Melody
17-07-18, 12:51
I get pain under my right rib sometimes due to gallbladder spasms. No stones, just flare ups. Avoiding fat/ heavy meals helps, as does alcohol, but this has taken years of self-discovery. All doctors I'd seen didn't know what was wrong and either said it was IBS or given me codeine.

I'm not sure if you're experiencing the same thing, but I thought it could be worth mentioning. I've had this pain for 20 years and have been able to manage it without removing my gallbladder or anything permanent.