PDA

View Full Version : Eye Appointment Tomorrow - So Anxious

Necabo
01-06-18, 15:08
I got a phone call today and it wa steh hospital saying they had a free appointment tomorrow for my yearly eye appointment. Medical appointmentsd are oen of the worst triggers for me, and of course my initial reaction was 'no I dont want to go' but I forced myself to say yes to the appointment on the phone.

Now, I ahve been worried about this appointment for months, I worry about it every year. Now its tomorrow and I have been panicing before and I dont know what to do.

They put drops in my eyes which I ahte so much, I cant see properly agter them and it really upsets me. Is it essential to have the drops in?

I am planning on telling the doctor this, saying im so anxious and I hate this so much! Is that a good idea?

Want this to be over, I hate it :(

Carys
01-06-18, 15:35
Hiyer,

Why do you have the yearly appointment....is it some medical condition they are monitoring? It sounds like, if you have it yearly, that is seems important?

I don't know which drops you have, but possibly the ones that dilate your pupils? If it is those then maybe it is worth discussing a different strength of eye drop, that lasts less time giving you blurry vision. I've only had pupil dilation done once, and I didn't enjoy it much either....I wish I had also known to bring and wear sunglasses as it was a bright sunny day when I left the hospital.

JoshuaMichael
01-06-18, 19:52
Hi. I'm having my eyes dilated tomorrow as it happens. Dilation is necessary so that the optometrist or ophthalmologist can see more of the back of your eye. It's quite routinely and it's a very common thing to have done. I'm also worried about these drops, but realistically there is no risk in having it done, so don't worry :)