PDA

View Full Version : 2 week long anxiety attack

JacqHertel
01-06-18, 21:53
I have been having a really rough time. About a week ago or so, I had a panic attack so intense that I called 911 to get help. I went to the ER because my heart felt like it was gonna pop out of my chest and I almost felt like I was on some psychedelic drug. I felt like nothing was real and it only made me feel worse when they took my heart rate and blood pressure and they said every thing was normal which only made me feel like I was going crazy even more.
It happened out of the blue and I have been living in fear of having another one or life not being real. This has been going on for almost 2 weeks now.
I don't want to take medication. I don't want to cope with this, I want to get over it. I have kids that I need to be strong for and that is hard to do when my brain seems to be so cluttered.
What do I do? Does anyone else feel this way? Has this happened to anyone before? How can I better myself?
Lately I just wanna stay inside in fear of having a meltdown in public.
My thoughts are scattered, my only solace I have is cuddling with my baby. But I can't do that all the time, I have other kids and a boyfriend to take care of and a job to do. I don't know what to do.

Pkstracy
01-06-18, 22:05
Hi there, man do I remember my first one, it was scary, sadly they can come back, however to ease them, try meditating, going for a walk, do yoga, find a hobby such as writing, coloring, sewing, painting. Therapy does help, maybe look into going to a therapist. It is very common to have that fear of having a melt down in public, that is how some forms of agoraphobia starts, if you do feel one coming on while in public stop what you're doing close your eyes take a deep breath and slowly let it out do this until you are calm again, I had one in the middle of a store people were very helpful you would be surprised at how many people understand and have even been through it, good luck and I wish you well.

lior
02-06-18, 02:01
Yes, this has happened to LOADS of people before and it will happen for loads of people in the future too.

Check this out:
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/panicattack
It explains a ton about panic attacks. Reading it will make you feel a bit more in control.
The other articles might be useful for you, too.

Your panic attack happened for a reason, though you may not be aware of it yet. To stop it from happening again, you could examine what's going on in your life right now that's stressing you out, or if you've had past traumas you haven't dealt with yet.
Un-cluttering your brain takes time but it's a task that will make your life MUCH better.

You must look after yourself. Not looking after yourself could inhibit your ability to be the best mum you can be. Looking after yourself well will demonstrate to all your kids, even your baby who is learning right now about emotions, how they can look after themselves well. If you don't take care of yourself, you will send them the message that you aren't worth looking after, and they may assume that they aren't worth looking after either when they become adults.

You have an opportunity to make your life better now - do it.

JacqHertel
03-06-18, 03:24
I still feel like life isn't real. How do I get over that? I'm losing my mind.