PDA

View Full Version : Doctor hates me?

Hufflestuff3
02-06-18, 00:40
Not sure if this is the right forum for this but I'd say it's pretty related to my social anxiety that no one wants to be around me. I recently have been going to a new doctor and I feel like she hates me, she never responds to my messages through the portal she seems nice enough when I go in for a visit but I can't help but feel like I'm annoying her with my anxiety, I will admit I have been to her office almost weekly lately because I keep going in and got told things like it's nothing or dehydration when I've been going through radiculopathy, migraines with stroke like auras, and chest pains. I ended up at the ER over the migraines and admitted so I have been told all those things are okay but why does she seem so annoyed as if I'm not paying to come see her.. now I have some strange new pink scaly bump on my arm that has me freaked like it's skin cancer or something and I sent her pictures but she hasn't gotten back to me and I'm scared to set up another appointment and feel like she's judging me again

nomorepanic
02-06-18, 00:44
I don't know how it works over there but in the UK you would not have access like this to your doctor. Is this normal in the States?

Hufflestuff3
02-06-18, 00:54
It's kind of a new thing a lot of doctors are trying to avoid constant visits for something that can be assessed from home (had to edit cause I realised I said accessed instead of assessed oops lol)

MyNameIsTerry
02-06-18, 01:39
It could be that she is struggling to balance her workload. Patients who generate a lot of calls/visits are going to be part of the frustration of being a doctor, just as they are as customer in any customer facing role. But that doesn't mean she is annoyed with you.