PDA

View Full Version : Please help me... I'm outside of ER

Worrygirl32
02-06-18, 03:57
So long story short I was hanging out my family. When my dad said my top lipped looked swollen.. and he was really concerned. I said I feel fine.. and he was like it's swollen. So immediately i started panic. I mean intense panic. I went to the bathroom to look in my mouth and I couldn't tell that it was swollen but it felt weird. I started to really really panic at that point and nothing could calm me down. I started crying because I was scared I was going to have anaphylaxis. And I drove myself to the er. I'm sitting outside crying. Wondering if I should walk through those doors. I'm so sacred right now

N64EVER
02-06-18, 04:15
I just did a Google, but from I'm seeing your whole face swells and you'd need immediate medical attention if it was anaphylaxis. If your already at the ER I would go in and get it checked out unless you need to pay a fee, I would also consult your parents some more if they actually care about your health. Unfortunately mine (I was adopted last year by... let's just say a person, male) just blows me off every time I have a concern. I just had a panic/anxiety episode over scabs I saw on my leg that I still think might be a bat bite or something, and I'm deathly afraid of rabies. So, if your parents care and the ER requires a fee I would go home and relax, and talk it over with them.

meant2live
02-06-18, 05:47
I know it’s scary. Allergic reactions are one of my fears as well. Have you eaten anything new that could have caused this? Are you taking a new medication or wearing a new lipstick?

The good news is that you’re sitting outside the ER if it turns into anything. If not, you’ll know what to look for next time.