PDA

View Full Version : Really struggling need some support

rebeccad
02-06-18, 13:48
I’ve been having a tight throat which only eases when I eat then it comes back. I’m so worried it’s throat or stomach cancer. I’ve been to the docs who gave me ppis, they havnt helped one bit. I’m currently sat in a supermarket car park googling endoscopys and I really cannot have one of these. I have an appointment Monday with dr and I’m worried sick he’ll send me for one. The thing is I was doing so well and wasn’t anxious until all of this started. Has anybody else suffered the same thing ? Xx

Fishmanpa
02-06-18, 14:08
Do a search and you'll find hundreds of pages of similar threads. Scroll to the bottom of the page to see a few. It's a very common anxiety symptom. (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms#Throat_tighteningChokingSwallowing_proble ms)

Positive thoughts

rebeccad
02-06-18, 14:57
Thank you, the thing is I wasn’t anxious before his came on, I’m only anxious over this x

Fishmanpa
02-06-18, 15:01
the thing is

Anxiety is like a campfire. When you're in the midst of a spiral the fire is burning bright and hot. When the flames die down, there's still a bed of red hot coals burning away just waiting for some more fuel. You may not feel anxious but your body is still on high alert and has a bed of hot anxiety coals inside just waiting to flare up. Just like a campfire, the hot coals of anxiety take a long time to finally go out.

Positive thoughts

rebeccad
03-06-18, 08:24
Thank you it makes perfect sense, I’ve been doing well joined a gym and my anxiety okish, I’m due to go on holiday soon and I expect this is where my anxiety is coming from x