PDA

View Full Version : Is blood sugar of 6.9 normal an hour after eating?

anxious_thoughts
02-06-18, 17:31
Hi everyone,

So Im not diagonsed as diabetic but I have this fear of low blood sugar the last two years. It’s driving me crazy and because I feel the need to eat every three hours I’ve gained a lot of weight back that I had once lost.

I ended up buying a blood glucose meter and I’ll test my blood every now and then. It’s avtially helped a lot with my anxiety. Anyway, last week I tested it two hours after eating and my blood sugar was 6.3.

Today I tested it an hour after eating a sandwich and smoothie and my blood sugar was at 6.9. Is this normal?

Thanks in advance!

nomorepanic
02-06-18, 17:34
Hi Jenn

It may not be a good idea to do these sort of tests without knowing how to interpret the results.

Doesn't it come with a manual?

Scass
02-06-18, 19:30
I used to test my blood sugar when I had gestational diabetes. I was on a low carb/sugar diet too.

I wouldn’t like to assume what yours should or shouldn’t be. But have you had a blood test at the doctor?

Also, why eat every 3 hours?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MyNameIsTerry
03-06-18, 02:35
Information here:

https://www.diabetes.co.uk/diabetes_care/blood-sugar-level-ranges.html

You're only a little over a normal range without a meal but well under it for a post meal for the target recommended ranges. But look at the diagnostic ranges, which you are well under and look at the post prandial ranges for diagnosing which are higher than your reading.

anxious_thoughts
03-06-18, 03:58
Hi Jenn

It may not be a good idea to do these sort of tests without knowing how to interpret the results.

Doesn't it come with a manual?

Hello,

It does, and I know it’s normal. Just thought it was a bit high but it could be from the fruit smoothie I had with my lunch.

---------- Post added at 22:57 ---------- Previous post was at 22:55 ----------

I used to test my blood sugar when I had gestational diabetes. I was on a low carb/sugar diet too.

I wouldn’t like to assume what yours should or shouldn’t be. But have you had a blood test at the doctor?

Also, why eat every 3 hours?

Thank you for the response. I definitely need to start going on a low carb/low sugar diet.

I have been to the doctor 6 months ago and blood sugar levels are fine. I just had an issue where I thought my blood sugar was low and it created this bad anxiety for me. So I thought getting a blood glucose meter would help some.

---------- Post added at 22:58 ---------- Previous post was at 22:57 ----------

Information here:

https://www.diabetes.co.uk/diabetes_care/blood-sugar-level-ranges.html

You're only a little over a normal range without a meal but well under it for a post meal for the target recommended ranges. But look at the diagnostic ranges, which you are well under and look at the post prandial ranges for diagnosing which are higher than your reading.

Thank you SO MUCH, Terry!

Will be saving that link for future references. Thank you for explaining everything to me also. I really appreciate it

Scass
03-06-18, 21:44
But why are you worried about low blood sugar if your tests were fine? Did you have the ones that do the last 3 months (how do they do that??!)

Yes it probably was the smoothie.