PDA

View Full Version : Can anxiety/stress make you pee a lot???

Meriland30
02-06-18, 22:30
I had gone to the doctor for what i would consider, excessive urine..aka, i drink 8 oz and per 3/4 cup every 40 minutes. Completely diluted. It freaked me out thinking of things like diabetes, etc. I went to the doctor and she tested my urine and blood up and down, only to be given a clean bill of health. After that visit, i felt relievedand then suddenly I was peeing normally. I understand that anxiety can make you feel like you want to pee, but can it actually cause you to produce more urine than you drink??? Did anyone have a similar situation? I would appreciate answers.

Fishmanpa
02-06-18, 22:43
Common Anxiety Symptom (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms#Kidneys_urgency_to_urinate_frequent_urina tion_sudden_urge_to_go_to_the_toilet). You might want to take a look at this article as you've posted about a lot of these symptoms of anxiety. (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms)

Positive thoughts

Meriland30
02-06-18, 22:48
Thank you for your reply, unfortunately that link covers the urge to urinate, not actual excessive volume of urine.

Fishmanpa
02-06-18, 22:50
Thank you for your reply, unfortunately that link covers the urge to urinate, not actual excessive volume of urine.

You're right... sorry, my bad. You know your body better than the doctors and even though you're posting about a common anxiety symptom on an anxiety website, this can't be just anxiety :lac:

If you're that concerned, go back to your doctor.

FMP

Meriland30
02-06-18, 22:55
You're right... sorry, my bad. You know your body better than the doctors and even though you're posting about a common anxiety symptom on an anxiety website, this can't be just anxiety :lac:

If you're that concerned, go back to your doctor.

FMP

Thanks for your response. I do have to ask, what do you mean when you say "this cant be just anxiety..?"

Fishmanpa
02-06-18, 23:03
Thanks for your response. I do have to ask, what do you mean when you say "this cant be just anxiety..?"

Frankly, I'm just agreeing with you as trying to reason is futile. As with most in a HA spiral, you'll find a "what if" or "but" with every logical explanation to keep your dragon fed. Unless you're literally measuring your urine output, how in the heck do you know you're peeing more and what difference does it make? Your doctor gave you the all clear!

My question to you is: Since you've been on the site, have any of your fears turned out to be anything sinister like you thought?

Positive thoughts

bchrismar
03-06-18, 23:00
Yes, it definitely can make you pee often... or feel you have to. Very common.

NervousKel
04-06-18, 01:16
Yep, very common:-).

My guess is that you aren't actually producing more urine than you normally do....but, since you're fixated on it right now, you think you are.

Sleepy
04-06-18, 10:27
When I was between meds (ie my anxiety was unmedicated) I suddenly developed urinary hesitation, false urgency and the symptom you describe.

I felt that I had a full bladder all the time, then I wouldn't be able to go. I became reluctant to drink anything. Then quite often, if I drank a pint of water, I would go five times at twenty-minute intervals. I went to see a urologist. She could find nothing wrong with me. When I had been on a therapeutic dose of escitalopram for about 5 weeks, the symptoms all disappeared. I couldn't believe at the time that anxiety was the cause. It was.

Your experience sounds as though it could also be caused by anxiety.