PDA

View Full Version : Oesophagal cancer scare

saltpot2363
03-06-18, 14:37
Hi, am new ot this forum. I recognise I have suffered from anxiety for most of my life (am now 52). I suffer from health anxiety which is just another outlet for my everday anxiety. I can go through periods when the health anxiety is manageable- it centres around cancer.

Whnen it takes hold it is debilitating. I worry about other people too. My partner is just undergoing tests- he has an endoscopy this week, has had a chest xray - results penfdng and blood and stool tests.

It has been a traumatic month- his mum died a month ago. He has constant middle chest pain ( started about 3-4 weeks ago), brought up a small amount of blood when coughing recently and now has changed loose bowel movements. His mum who recently
died had bowel cancer. His dad had ulcerative colitis and at 66 got oesophagal cancer . I know the outcome for this type of cancer is generally poor. I am besides myself with worry, struggling to sleep and convinced of the worst.Every second/ minute seems torturous and struggling to get through all this.:weep:

Bigboyuk
03-06-18, 14:43
Hi Saltpot Iam sorry to here this on going anxiety that you have had for decades and HA too how long have you had HA for? You say some days you can manage your Anxiety, but wouldn't it be better to able to manage it every day through either meds or therapy or both?? Have you spoke to your dr for a referral atall? I really do wish you well on your journey ATB