PDA

View Full Version : Constantly scared about my symptoms

Noeaglesfly
04-06-18, 05:45
To start this off, I am very happy to have found this website. It gave me a whole new insight on people dealing with severe health anxiety, and it makes me feel as if I am not going through this alone. Thank you all in advance!

My symptoms started about a month ago when I was getting a pain in the back right of my head. Once I started noticing this, I started getting pretty worried about it and my main worry was and still is a brain tumor. As time went on, I started developing a whole bunch of other symptoms that worried me to death.
-Feeling slightly off balance
-Fatigue
-Tinnitus in both ears
-Vomited twice in the past month (but they weren't violent and I'm somewhat convinced it was something I ate)
-Some numbness on the right side of my body (arms, legs, even abdomen)
-Eye pain that would be on the right or left side
-Hand tremors (both hands)
-Neck and lower back pain
-And now recently stomach cramps, however I might have picked up the flu, I really dont know
A lot of these symptoms are come and go, and they've just stayed constant.

I've seen a nurse twice and a doctor once and they both told me it's all due to anxiety, but I really just find that so hard to believe. I even did an eye exam that both examined my dilated pupils and pictures behind my eyes, and everything came out clear. I have not had an MRI or CT scan yet because I cant afford one at the moment. This has been worrying me to death lately and it has just put me at a state of depression I can't seem to escape. I'm making a big move from California to Florida in a couple of weeks because I'm going to a university there, but I really dont want this controlling my life. This has been on my mind ever since it has happened and I just can't stop worrying. I just want to be happy and normal again.

Scass
04-06-18, 07:10
Hello & welcome.

Have you experience of health anxiety or anxiety before? And after your tests came back clear, did the nurse and doctor talk to you about it?

Do you think that your big move might have something to do with your anxiety?

I can really recommend reading the literature on the website about anxiety and how to recognise your symptoms and then how to help yourself. There is no quick fix, so don’t let that get you down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Noeaglesfly
04-06-18, 07:16
Hello and thank you for the response!

What my doctor and nurse told me is that it is anxiety related and my symptoms dont point towards anything too serious.

The big move does have me pretty stressed but I didn't know it could stress me to the point where all these symptoms would show up.

Health anxiety has never really been an issue for me until last month. In the past, I always hated the thought of getting sick because when I get sick, it's usually a bad case of whatever I got, so I would always take as many precautions as i could in order to not get sick

I have another doctor's appointment on the 7th so hopefully that can clear up some things because some of the symptoms I mentioned are pretty recent and I want it evaluated.