PDA

View Full Version : Need some reassurance that I probably don't have DVT...

actualWeeaboo
04-06-18, 17:25
The past 2 or 3 days, I've been getting that buzzing/vibrating feeling in my right leg (and I've traversed the forums to try and feel better, but I'm really convincing myself it's abnormal right now...) and I've been panicking that it's my pulse acting up 'cause of a blood clot... I hate the feeling, I always imagine it's like bubbles going through my bloodstream.

It's not happening in my left leg, and my right leg's also been uncomfortable (like I need to stretch the muscles constantly), and I've had a sore-muscle feeling in the back of my right knee the past two nights.

Just now, I've been working up into a frenzy, 'cause I felt the bubbly sensation quite suddenly behind my right knee when I was lying down, and I can see/feel a an almost hard, prominent vein under the skin (I'm worried it's considered 'swollen', and it's not similar on the opposite side)...

I've also had an odd headache on one spot on my head for the past few hours - like something's pressing down on that one spot - and I'm so terrified of brain aneurysms that even typing that word out makes me mentally break down...

Have had slight dizziness too, but until now I'd convinced myself it was just dehydration, or adjusting to some new glasses.

Apart from that, I haven't had any intense pain or redness or swelling, I don't think, but I'm panicking I'm just experiencing less-noticeable symptoms, and I need reassurance...

Fishmanpa
04-06-18, 18:08
Need some reassurance that I probably don't have DVT...

I haven't had any intense pain or redness or swelling

Positive thoughts

WorryRaptor
06-06-18, 17:35
Wish I could provide reassurance, but I'm going through the exact same fear too. I've been dealing with a pulling/crampy/tight feeling in my right calf for the past 4 days which comes and goes. I've gotten myself into a frenzy that I've got a blood clot like a ticking time bomb in my leg.

The only thing that helps is to remember that legs can feel pain for SO many different reasons because there's a bucket load of nerve endings in them. They're the things that hold us up and move us around! It can be something as simple as lifting something the wrong, way, bad sleeping position or just aggravated nerves/muscle from something we never noticed doing etc.

Because of health anxiety, we are hyper focused on every little feeling, and that can make us imagine that things are worse than they really are. People without it can have all the symptoms we obsessively list and research (because something MUST be wrong!) and happily ignore them till they go away. Most of the time, pain and sensations are something absolutely benign. A HA brain likes to set off the alarm bells for the smallest twitch. I wish I could switch mine off!

Do your very best to focus on something else and don't keep feeling your legs! I did that and I think I bruised mine a little which added to the pain...which added to my anxiety!

Anxiety about health causes dizziness btw, and your headache is probably from your new glasses. My nose went numb and had shooting pains into my forehead when I started wearing my reading glasses for the first time!

Hope you feel better soon! Do keep us updated :)