PDA

View Full Version : Another high blood pressure issue. Scared please help.

Moso13
04-06-18, 17:50
I made a thread last summer because I went to my doctor to get my blood pressure checked because it was high when I was at the dentist. They took it first and it was high but then took it again 15 minutes later and said it was normal so they told me it was white coat hypertension. and to deal with my anxiety. During the school year i went to my health center a lot and the same thing would happen but it always went down the second time. Well yesterday i went to urgent care for a UTI and just not feeling good. They took my blood pressure there twice and it was high both times... it barely went down after 15 minutes so she told me to go back to my doctor to go get checked it doesn't look like white coat.. I am so worried. I am young, almost 21. 144 pounds and 5'8 women. I am normally healthy and don't have any other problems that i am aware of. The only medication i am on its birth control and now antibiotics for the UTI. I dont want to deal with this. My parents both have it recently but it is from getting older. So i am going to work on being more active and limiting my salt intake.Also limiting caffeine because i love coffee. If i do that could i reverse the high blood pressure? It was 144/110 the second time they took it. Every single time i get it taken I tense up and i cant relax because of my anxiety. Especially because i wasn't feeling good which doesn't help. Its weird because usually my bottom number wasn't high, but this time it is. I really don't want to take medication for the rest of my life or have heart problems in the future. Any advice? Is this really really bad and dangerous like I think it is? Can I reverse it?

Fishmanpa
04-06-18, 18:11
But it did go down some indicating again, white coat syndrome. Being proactive with diet and exercise will decrease chances of anything developing in the future.

Positive thoughts

Lollymandy
04-06-18, 21:16
Hello, I would buy a home blood pressure monitor and start taking it at home daily, writing down your readings, hopefully this will enable you to have "normal" readings at home eventually which you can take with you to the Dr and show them.

Fishmanpa
04-06-18, 21:20
Hello, I would buy a home blood pressure monitor

Respectfully, NO! Unless the doctor suggests it, it's just another self checking mechanism that can become obsessive and cause more anxiety! :lac:

Positive thoughts

Lollymandy
04-06-18, 21:36
Just a suggestion, It is what my Dr suggested for me and it kept me off medication. Maybe Moso13 can discuss with his Dr. :)

Moso13
05-06-18, 02:06
I took it today and it was 159/93 then retook it cause didnt think it was right so retook it minute later and it was 154/92. Even higher than it was at the doctors.I have no idea why im scared:(

MyNameIsTerry
05-06-18, 03:16
Your doctor can easily rule out Hypertension from white coat syndrome by performing the 24 hour ambulatory test. It's the standard to prevent misdiagnosis of Hypertension due to this very issue.