PDA

View Full Version : Gerd Issue freaked me out a little.

scot0721
04-06-18, 20:08
I just had an issue that I have never had before about an hour ago that has my anxiety high. I had a bagel for lunch and drank a Coke, that was a Dumb thing on my part. At work I use my breaks to take quick walks. Half way through thru my walk I start getting nausea, and start salivating like crazy mouth getting so filled up that im basically spitting water. I doesn't stop until I sit down and I bring up what was in my throat which was brown with a speck of blood. My brain knows the brown is from the coke, but I still cant beat that fear of what if. The saliva "attack" I have never had before and is something new I will have to put in my journal so hopefully can reassure myself next time.

Thank you for reading. Just typing this helps.

br350
05-06-18, 13:58
Excess saliva like that is called waterbrash and can happen with reflux/excess acid. I've had this before! Please know it's a known thing. I hope you feel better. :)

RadioGaGa
05-06-18, 21:12
scot0721

I have GORD (or GERD in US English) and have done since I was a young child (genetic in my case). When there's "something nasty" causing bleeding in your stomach or oesophagus, it shows itself via more than a "speck" of blood. (That's what I assume you're worrying about).

It's only time to worry when you're bringing up vast amounts of blood - and believe me, if that happened, you wouldn't be questioning it!

Relax.