PDA

View Full Version : is my brain bleeding?!

faraway11
04-06-18, 22:19
im 20yr old female and im so health anxious and earlier on i went to the toilet for number 2 (sorry tmi) i was very constipated and ended up really really straining holding my breath. Now a few hours later im sat on my bed and im getting this sore like pain in my left temple and im scared to death ive burst a blood vessel and my brain is slowly bleeding and im going to die in the night :( i feel abit spun out but ive just started citalopram and im currently smoking a little weed (i know its bad)

is this just my anxiety or is something wrong? its kind of sore when i run my hand over it

weallmissedme
05-06-18, 05:31
I had this before. Random headaches are a hallmark of my anxiety. Is your brain was bleeding, you wouldn't be typing here, and your skin wouldn't be sore when you ran your hand over it. You wouldn't even really feel that much, as your brain doesn't have pain receptors. Put your fears at ease hun. :)

BlueMoon24
05-06-18, 06:51
Like the previous post, I almost always get headaches during a bad bout of prolonged anxiety, and this from somebody who rarely gets headaches at any other time. The symptoms of a bleed on your brain are extensive, including things like seizures.

You say you've just started Citalopram - the first few weeks can be rocky with anxiety. I felt awful while I was waiting for it to finally kick in and work when I got it. This health anxiety could just be a manifestation of that. It's also a very good idea to give up weed, particularly if you're an anxiety sufferer - it really can have a horrible effect on people like us!

Littleshaker
05-06-18, 09:36
I had severe anxiety maybe two weeks ago because I cracked my neck super hard.. so I thought oh something has burst from my neck to my brain.

4 head MRIs later I was shown to have perfect scans

You would too <3 I was severely constipated most of my childhood and for some reason wouldn’t go and had to push extremely hard
Zero brain problems- just a couple headaches like you! <3

Relax and sleep :yesyes:

faraway11
06-06-18, 12:14
Thanks guys it really helps to hear this, i am now worrying again because 2 days later i have an awful headache and have had it all morning so im panicking that what if my brain has been bleeding slowly and now its starting to hurt?

Fishmanpa
06-06-18, 12:31
:lac: Nope....

Positive thoughts

actualWeeaboo
06-06-18, 15:53
Hey Faraway, hope you're feeling better!

I've been terrified of... well, the A word, for years, and every time I get a headache, I focus a little too much on it and start to panic. I used to get very sharp headaches on a single spot on my head, and it would always make me freak out. Those have gone away now, and while I still get the odd headache in that area, it doesn't bother me quite as much anymore.

Even with normal headaches, I would always entertain the possibility of it being a brain bleed or something, so I completely understand.

Headaches are odd things, and some people experience them their whole life. The likelihood of it being sinister is so minuscule, but us anxious folk are always positive it's something really bad.

But hang in there, you're a-okay!

faraway11
06-06-18, 19:23
Thank you so so much everyone, im so glad we have this website to support each other! Peace and love x