PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety about rabies

Hopethebest
05-06-18, 11:18
hi. I am from Tunisia where rabies still exists in dogs (reservoir and vector).
i have been nipped in 29 april 2017 by my 2 months old puppy not vaccinated yet ( his mother vaccinated) and I didnt have the anti-rabies shots but the dog remained healthy after 10 days observation in fact he lived another 7 months until he died in a car accident ( hit by a truck while running to cross the road). the puppy was vaccinated at 3 months old.
i went to pasteur institute in Tunis when it was 36 days after the bite and they confirmed to me that am not in risk of rabies and they even didnt give me shots they said i dont need it.
since that i had Anxiety about rabies and fear of death by rabies now is 14 months after the bite and still worried.
Am I at risk of rabies? under these factors:

1- my dog lived 7 months after bitten me and died by car accident not an illness
2- now is 14 months after the bite( rabies virus type in Tunisia kills in 40 days as a doctor told me).

Please answer me so your answer will help me to ease my anxiety and thank you so much.

Fishmanpa
05-06-18, 12:48
Am I at risk of rabies?

i have been nipped in 29 april 2017 by my 2 months old puppy not vaccinated yet ( his mother vaccinated) and I didnt have the anti-rabies shots but the dog remained healthy after 10 days observation in fact he lived another 7 months until he died in a car accident ( hit by a truck while running to cross the road). the puppy was vaccinated at 3 months old.
i went to pasteur institute in Tunis when it was 36 days after the bite and they confirmed to me that am not in risk of rabies and they even didnt give me shots they said i dont need it.

Please answer me so your answer will help me to ease my anxiety and thank you so much.

You answered yourself :shades:

Positive thoughts

nomorepanic
05-06-18, 14:20
You can't have rabies for that long!

Hopethebest
05-06-18, 14:30
You can't have rabies for that long!

Is it for sure ?

Fishmanpa
05-06-18, 15:29
Is it for sure ?

Is the sky blue? Is water wet? etc.... :winks:

Positive thoughts

NervUs
05-06-18, 21:32
The dog lived way past 10 days, so he did not have rabies! You have not been exposed to rabies.

Fishmanpa
05-06-18, 21:51
This started last year with your initial post (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=210807). You can put this to bed now.

Positive thoughts

paranoid-viking
06-06-18, 08:49
hi. I am from Tunisia where rabies still exists in dogs (reservoir and vector).
since that i had Anxiety about rabies and fear of death by rabies now is 14 months after the bite and still worried.
Am I at risk of rabies? under these factors:

1- my dog lived 7 months after bitten me and died by car accident not an illness
2- now is 14 months after the bite( rabies virus type in Tunisia kills in 40 days as a doctor told me).

Your answer lies in your post allready. The animal can not be infectious during the incubation period, ONLY after it develops symptoms. And after it develops symptoms, which is VERY visible it will die within 5-10 days. Not 7 months! Your dog did not have rabies. So dont worry.

Hopethebest
06-06-18, 08:59
The dog lived way past 10 days, so he did not have rabies! You have not been exposed to rabies.

Thank you so much

---------- Post added at 08:59 ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 ----------

Your answer lies in your post allready. The animal can not be infectious during the incubation period, ONLY after it develops symptoms. And after it develops symptoms, which is VERY visible it will die within 5-10 days. Not 7 months! Your dog did not have rabies. So dont worry.

Thank you so much. Thats what doctors told me but inside me there is a bad voice telling me bad ideas so i went to psy and now am taking quetiapine 25mg to stabilize my humour he told me am bipolar

paranoid-viking
06-06-18, 11:15
Thank you so much

---------- Post added at 08:59 ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 ----------

Thank you so much. Thats what doctors told me but inside me there is a bad voice telling me bad ideas so i went to psy and now am taking quetiapine 25mg to stabilize my humour he told me am bipolar

Your doctor told you so; so why then do you ask us?
That is the thing about HA forums; do we trust non-trained people on the net more than health profesionals? Quite interesting question.

Hopethebest
06-06-18, 11:34
Your doctor told you so; so why then do you ask us?
That is the thing about HA forums; do we trust non-trained people on the net more than health profesionals? Quite interesting question.

I know exactly what you mean and i should listen to the doctors because they are professional but listening to others even not doctors may help to confirm the doctors opinion. Your opinion help me to ease my anxiety thank you

Bigboyuk
07-06-18, 11:59
Hi Will add it's your HA that needs treating it's as simple as that :) No need to add anything else as it's already been said ATB

Hopethebest
08-06-18, 11:55
Hi Will add it's your HA that needs treating it's as simple as that :) No need to add anything else as it's already been said ATB

I visited a psychiatre and now am taking quetiapine and bromazepam hope my anxiety will go away. Thank you very much for your reply