PDA

View Full Version : Single petechia on foot near ankle I think?

Matthew1233
05-06-18, 21:13
It's been there for a couple of months and is slightly raised. It's not that flat when I touch it. It's a dark red colour and there is only one.
I had a blood test done in November which was all fine
I am worried about what the cause is

ThroatGoat
05-06-18, 22:56
Only one? Give it to me and I'll add it to my collection! I'm sure I can find a good spot for it amongst mine. :D

Matthew1233
05-06-18, 23:00
Only one? Give it to me and I'll add it to my collection! I'm sure I can find a good spot for it amongst mine. :D

Haha 😂 but on a serious note should I be worried. Its slightly raised and not pin point. How long is a blood test valid for?

Fishmanpa
05-06-18, 23:06
on a serious note should I be worried.

On a serious note... are you serious? :huh:

Positive thoughts

ThroatGoat
05-06-18, 23:09
Haha 😂 but on a serious note should I be worried. Its slightly raised and not pin point. How long is a blood test valid for?

I've got raised ones and flat ones. I wouldn't worry about them, but I've had them for years in varying shapes and sizes. They started in my early 20's for me, despite good ole Dr Google saying they normally start around 30. :doh:

Matthew1233
05-06-18, 23:20
I've got raised ones and flat ones. I wouldn't worry about them, but I've had them for years in varying shapes and sizes. They started in my early 20's for me, despite good ole Dr Google saying they normally start around 30. :doh:

I'm only 19 nd why is mine raised when Google says they are flat and usually pinpoint

ThroatGoat
05-06-18, 23:35
I'm only 19 nd why is mine raised when Google says they are flat and usually pinpoint

Early 20's/19 not much difference is there? :D

I dunno, but I've got raised ones too! I've even got one that looks just like a mole, but it's bright purple/red. :shrug:

Fishmanpa
05-06-18, 23:36
Unless you had a doctor tell it's a petechiae, this is all conjecture. It's more likely a common type of mole for all we know. Regardless, it's been there for months and it's not turning into a volcano or anything so why give it the time of day? :shrug:

Positive thoughts

Cab9792
06-06-18, 01:35
I’m a female and I have one single bright red on on my boob! Doesn’t worry me at all. I’ve had it for years. I don’t think you should be concerned. don’t make a special trip but next time you see doctor be like “hey look at this for me”. Just for peace of mind.. but I don’t think you should be worrying. I think petechea is only worrisome if there’s a lot in one area. But different things can cause it... once time I had a bug bite and I scratched the area so hard it gave me petechae all in that area Lol.

Matthew1233
06-06-18, 19:42
I still can't alleviate my fears even though there are no new ones or no rash. Any more reassurance?

AMomentofClarity
06-06-18, 19:57
Any more reassurance?

You've had multiple people provide reassurance already. 1, 2, 10 more people won't make a difference. You'll either keep worrying about this or move on to something new. HA runs a predictable course.

nomorepanic
06-06-18, 19:58
I am not sure reassurance is going to help to be honest.

This is something that you have to address personally and move on from it.

People have said it doesn't sound anything serious and you have to try and believe them.

If you are really worried then see a doctor but I think you are wasting your time to be honest.

Matthew1233
06-06-18, 20:47
I am not sure reassurance is going to help to be honest.

This is something that you have to address personally and move on from it.

People have said it doesn't sound anything serious and you have to try and believe them.

If you are really worried then see a doctor but I think you are wasting your time to be honest.

I am so sorry for wasting your time. I cannot help myself from worrying.

I will post no more on your website.