PDA

View Full Version : Freaking out 😧😬

MissB88
06-06-18, 20:53
Okay, so.. I do a little singing to myself.. just messing around really (It's my escape at times lol) but anyway.. my friends Nanna sadly passed away & my friend has now asked me to sing a song at the funeral, I've never sang in front of people and I'm definitely not good enough for that! ��.
I also don't want to let her down either though.

I have had a little practice but it's terrible �� and I'm worrying about telling her no, but also about telling her I'll do it��*♀️.

ServerError
06-06-18, 23:28
You aren't obliged to do it just because you've been asked.

What you need to do is ask yourself: do I really think I'm not good enough or is it just anxious thought?

And then ask if you really want to do it.

If not, tell your friend you appreciate being asked but you don't feel that you could do her nanna justice.

nomorepanic
06-06-18, 23:41
You sound great but it is a big ask - do you feel like you can do it?

Noivous
07-06-18, 01:32
I agree...you've got the pipes for sure but the larger question is can you do it. I think you probably can. The occasion dictates once you start you must finish.

N.

MissB88
07-06-18, 09:36
Thank you all for your comments!��

Ermm.. I'm not really sure if I 'can' do it yet, she has now given me another song to try.
I do feel a little better with this one but need some practice on it, I'm making mistakes & it's not right yet.

I know that I don't HAVE to do it, I would like to be able to do it for her though, I'm honoured that she asked it's just if I can get over the freaking out about it.
I think, It's sometimes good to challenge yourself although this may be too much of a challenge for me to do lol.

stars1976
08-06-18, 09:36
Hi,
Watched your Vids. you sound very good. extremely talented.
But at the end of the day only do it if YOU feel up to it.

James

MissB88
09-06-18, 21:02
Hi,
Watched your Vids. you sound very good. extremely talented.
But at the end of the day only do it if YOU feel up to it.

JamesThank you James[emoji846]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

MissB88
05-07-18, 12:40
[QUOTE=MissB88;1797988]Thank you all for your comments![emoji4]

Ermm.. I'm not really sure if I 'can' do it yet, she has now given me another song to try.
I do feel a little better with this one but need some practice on it, I'm making mistakes & it's not right yet.

I know that I don't HAVE to do it, I would like to be able to do it for her though, I'm honoured that she asked it's just if I can get over the freaking out about it.
I think, It's sometimes good to challenge yourself although this may be too much of a challenge for me to do lol.

mezzaninedoor
10-07-18, 08:50
I sing in a band and I often get nerves about singing in public.
The one thing Im aware of from performing though is that when you are in front of a crowd, the smiles from within the crowd, the reaction of friends etc helps you in that moment.
Only do it if you are comfortable though.

Have you thought about singing the song in front of 2/3 friends initially to see how that feels?

EmmerLooeez
12-07-18, 11:50
MissB!!! Can I hear you sing? :)

MissB88
16-07-18, 09:31
MissB!!! Can I hear you sing? :)Hey again Emma[emoji4],

I'll send you a link to a YouTube video that was on here.

How are you getting on lovely?