PDA

View Full Version : Clarithromycin worry

FluffySheep
07-06-18, 08:58
I have just been given these for a infected cyst. I have been taking them 2 days but stupidly i have been reading stories of them being linked to irregular heart beat and heart attacks (long qt). My pulse seems fast and my blood pressure is up (i guess this could be anxiety) I am just wondering if anyone else gets nervous about taking antibiotics. I hate this anxiety !!!

nomorepanic
07-06-18, 12:55
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

actualWeeaboo
11-06-18, 05:17
Hi FluffySheep - just wondering how you were going with this. I have the same issue, just got some Clarithromycin for a cyst as well, and I've been beside myself trying to take the the first one at the moment. I'm terrified of potentially getting hallucinatory side effects, or an allergic reaction.

But at the same time, I'm terrified of sepsis, so I'm in a horrible state right now, ahahah. I desperately need sleep, but now I'll be up for hours worrying when I take one of these.

If you've been taking them a few days already, I'm positive that you're fine - though if you are concerned, maybe ring a professional health line or check up with your GP.