PDA

View Full Version : Skin cancer? Something else?

WorryWendy
07-06-18, 13:32
I've had these scabs on my arm for a few weeks now (see pic). Not itchy. Bleed when picked. I also have another one just forming although not really at scab stage, looks like a spot with no head kind of.

My brains first reaction was it's some form of skin cancer....obviously.

However, my partner has a similar thing but on a wider scale, arms and legs I think and he's had it for as long as j can remember.

Has anyone ever seen anything like it before? Could it be some type of non-melanoma? Or a benign condition?

I am trying to get a gp appt. But nothing for the next 4 weeks.

ThroatGoat
07-06-18, 15:30
Just looks like a regular spot/pimple to me, but I'm no dermatologist. :D

zephyrsapphire
08-06-18, 03:41
I get these sometimes - start off looking like a blemish/spot but then look scabby after a day or two. I go to my dermatologist pretty regularly and have never had him comment on them or show any concern. I would mention it when you do get an appointment for your own peace of mind, but definitely nothing to worry yourself over in the meantime! :)

Carnation
08-06-18, 10:50
Looks like pimples that have been scratched to me.

WorryWendy
08-06-18, 17:16
They are just so weird. More have come up but its only 1 arm. Look like a leper haha

---------- Post added at 17:16 ---------- Previous post was at 17:08 ----------

Christ now Google is saying Leukemia!! FML! WHy do i do it!

MikeW
08-06-18, 23:09
I've had spots like these. You can see the scaling skin around them which is usually there to help them heal. Probably aren't going away if you're picking or rubbing them. In the end, I'd always go to a doctor so you can set your mind at ease. You have to remember that anxiety can bring out skin blemishes/spots as well, so I really wouldn't worry about it.