PDA

View Full Version : Hit my head!

Aly9029
07-06-18, 15:57
Hi, yesterday I tripped on a fold in a carpet, fell, and hit the back of my head on the wooden foot of a bed. I thought it was pretty hard, but the only pain I had was where I hit my head (This was all last night). It's morning and now I feel like I have pressure in my head and a dull headache. I'm afraid that my brain is bleeding?! Looking to google for answers was a terrible idea and scared me about all that could happen. I told my mom, who normally freaks out over little things, but she said she thinks I will be ok because I don't have any major symptoms. What if my brain is bleeding though and will I bleed later on? Anyone who has had experience with a situation like this? Also, I've read that age can impact how likely you are to bleed, and I am in my teens. Thanks

nomorepanic
07-06-18, 16:55
Highly unlikely - the head can take a really bad knock with no severe damage.

I am betting you will be fine.

Mindprison
07-06-18, 17:40
The skull is designed to withstand a fair deal of punishment, it's protecting probably the most important part of your body after all.

You hit your head, it's natural you'll feel pressure and pain for a little while as it's healing.

Trust me, i've hit my head on worse things than a wooden bedframe and i'm still here.

neuroticcat
07-06-18, 19:06
Last year I fell over a few stairs and hit the side of my head on a door frame. I was exhausted for 2 days and my head was hurting where i hit it and also on the other side of the head. I went to the ER and i everything was ok, they just gave me painkillers.

Aly9029
07-06-18, 19:09
Ok thank you! This makes me feel so much better about it.

M@tt
08-06-18, 00:22
One more story to share. I was skating with a buddy in his basement (high ceiling) when I was in my late teens. I hit the box ramp with a rail to grind, and the board flew out from under me. I came down and smacked the back of my head so hard off his concrete it felt like it should've exploded. It was bad enough neither of us were laughing.

Got up, no dizziness, no pain, no lump...nothing. The back of the head is a hard thing! If you're not dizzy or seeing spots you should be good to go.

Aly9029
08-06-18, 02:05
One more story to share. I was skating with a buddy in his basement (high ceiling) when I was in my late teens. I hit the box ramp with a rail to grind, and the board flew out from under me. I came down and smacked the back of my head so hard off his concrete it felt like it should've exploded. It was bad enough neither of us were laughing.

Got up, no dizziness, no pain, no lump...nothing. The back of the head is a hard thing! If you're not dizzy or seeing spots you should be good to go.

Wow that sounds like it would've hurt a lot. Thanks for sharing, definitely makes me feel soooo much better about this. :D