PDA

View Full Version : Bleeding gums I am scared

Matthew1233
07-06-18, 18:02
I was jabbing at my teeth for the past few nights using a cocktail stick to get a nail out and the back of the place where I jabbed started to lightly bleed there for like 2 seconds with very little blood. Note: the blood occurred after I poked at it.

Ids this what caused this or is it something more serious?

AMomentofClarity
07-06-18, 18:09
I was jabbing at my teeth for the past few nights using a cocktail stick

Ids this what caused this or is it something more serious?

Answer followed by question. You’re welcome.

BlueMoon24
07-06-18, 18:15
If it was more serious, it would take a lot less than jabbing at your gums with a sharp stick.

If you prod at your hands with a cocktail stick, you'll eventually draw blood. Your gum is responding in exactly the same way.

nomorepanic
07-06-18, 18:18
Think about it - you were jabbing at soft tissue with a pointed sharp object and it bled. Why do you think that was?

It is not as though you did nothing and it started bleeding.

Please try and use some logic with these things before posting as you need to trust your own instinct sometimes and not ask for reassurance.

Fishmanpa
07-06-18, 21:01
I was jabbing at my teeth for the past few nights using a cocktail stick to get a nail out

How does one get a nail in their teeth in the first place? :huh:

I agree with Nic. This is plain and simply A+B = C It's like saying.. "I was holding my hand over a flame the past few nights and I noticed that there are burns on my hand. IDK what caused it?" Are you getting real life help with your anxiety?

Positive thoughts

Matthew1233
07-06-18, 21:15
How does one get a nail in their teeth in the first place? :huh:

I agree with Nic. This is plain and simply A+B = C It's like saying.. "I was holding my hand over a flame the past few nights and I noticed that there are burns on my hand. IDK what caused it?" Are you getting real life help with your anxiety?

Positive thoughts

I am on prozac but any symptoms I notice of a serious disease I cannot help worrying

Fishmanpa
07-06-18, 21:29
I am on prozac but any symptoms I notice of a serious disease I cannot help worrying

So how is a single red mole/spot on your foot or the fact you poked your gums until they bled an indication of a serious disease? :huh: Might want to speak with your doctor about a dosage adjustment and/or look into therapy. At 19, you have a chance to heal and not allow this to rule your life.

Positive thoughts

Matthew1233
07-06-18, 22:37
So how is a single red mole/spot on your foot or the fact you poked your gums until they bled an indication of a serious disease? :huh: Might want to speak with your doctor about a dosage adjustment and/or look into therapy. At 19, you have a chance to heal and not allow this to rule your life.

Positive thoughts

You misunderstood. I poked at my gums on a previous day and they bled the next which is worrying me

nomorepanic
07-06-18, 22:41
Prozac is not going to cure Health Anxiety to be honest - you need some sort of talking therapy.

Fishmanpa
07-06-18, 23:48
You misunderstood. I poked at my gums on a previous day and they bled the next which is worrying me

"lightly bleed there for like 2 seconds with very little blood. Note: the blood occurred after I poked at it. "

Good luck to you. I do hope you find some peace.

FMP