PDA

View Full Version : Slipped disc or something else please help

DonnaT
07-06-18, 21:26
Hi I have a slipped disc which gives me sciatica and bad back, the last two days I have had pins and needles / buzzing dead leg feeling in my good leg. There is no weakness in my leg at all. I’ve now gone In to over drive and I’m worried that my slipped disc has got massively worse and I need emergency surgery or that I have something nasty. I’m in such a state. the thing is I had this feeling before I had the trouble with the disc but it just comes and goes but today I’ve got in to a real panic and I’ve noticed it all day as well as at night. Please any help

zephyrsapphire
08-06-18, 03:37
I just want to let you know I'm going through a similar situation and completely understand the fear...not quite a slipped disc, but I have herniations and they are really messing with my legs. So much so that I've convinced myself I have all kinds of issues that are probably completely off base! So you're definitely not alone in feeling scared. In the research I've done since I found out about my disc issues, I've found that tingling and numbness is really common. And it IS possible to have pain or numbness in both legs, so try not to let it scare you that you are now feeling some effects in your "good" leg. Sometimes pain is referred, meaning you may have injured the one side but are still feeling it on the opposite side because of the way the spinal nerves work.

I know it's FAR easier said than done, but try your best to relax. Stress can cause your muscles to tense up and spasm, making the situation even worse. Hot baths, heating pads, or ice packs (heat and ice alternating) might help. Your doctor might also be able to prescribe a muscle relaxant or pain reliever.
At any rate, you are not alone and I hope you start feeling better soon! :hugs:

DonnaT
08-06-18, 11:18
I’m in a rough spot at the moment. I just posted about the fact that I have a slipped disc that’s causing me lots of pain. I have also had a dead leg feeling and tingling in my rt leg which is my good one. I’m lying here in a state, my girls are happily sitting watching tv and I’m sitting in the corner falling in to a pit of dispare. I’ve had enough of pain and I’ve had enough of all the horrible thoughts that go through my head. I’m tired of this life. I know that most people might say this but all the bad shot happens to me all the time. I can’t get a break from my pain and my thoughts and I’m tired just so tired of it now, I don’t want this anymore. Everyone in my life has had enough of me and understand why I’ve had enough of me.

Elen
08-06-18, 12:15
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen