PDA

View Full Version : nabothian cyst and cryotherapy

susie1
07-06-18, 21:54
Hi,
I saw a gynaecologist on Thursday and she sound a nabothian cyst which she froze with silver nitrate - I think it's called cryotherapy. I had been to see her because of post menopausal bleeding. I had an ultrasound which was clear and she was happy to leave it there with me just going back to0 see her in 6 weeks. She told e to expect some discharge but I have been spotting bright red blood. I don't know if this is what happens afterwards. Does anyone have experience of this? is it normal? can anyone share a similar experience?

Violet Blue
08-06-18, 15:11
Hi Susie

Can't really help you "down there", but a year ago I had cryotherapy on a big brown spot on my face by a dermatologist. The procedure took seconds, it blistered up over the next few hours, then over the next week scabbed over into a charming dark brown. Then it peeled off revealing clear skin underneath, so I was delighted, as you can imagine. It was done under the NHS because it was causing emotional distress to me, but it wasn't precancerous or anything.

That's my experience of cryotherapy anyway, you might have to look at a more appropriate gynae website for more info.

All the best.