PDA

View Full Version : Itchy skin and cancer or liver problem

Teach5711
08-06-18, 00:03
First time posting here! I was very active on a previous hypochondriac forum that is no longer operating. About a month ago I started getting really itchy skin on arms, legs, and neck. Only places exposed to sun. I had gotten a lot of sun but no "sunburn". The itchy turned to a rash, went to doc, believed to be sun sensitive, took a week of prednisone and it was gone. Fast forward a month and the itchy skin is back but not as bad and there is no rash. Called the doc, he is out of town but the nurse said I could go in tomorrow but she doesn't think it's anything to be concerned with. I take heart medicine daily and claritin. I haven't missed a dose. I was outside Sunday eithout sunscreen for a while but I don't think it's causing the itchiness. I am terrified I have lymphoma or a liver disease. Any thoughts?

nomorepanic
08-06-18, 00:06
Sounds like prickly heat to me from the sun and nothing to do with cancer.

If it is only places exposed to sun what does that tell you?

Teach5711
08-06-18, 00:21
Seems logical to think it's only the sun, but what if it's no5.

nomorepanic
08-06-18, 00:24
Well if you are that worried then see what they say tomorrow but it wouldn't be in just areas exposed to sun if it was serious.

Do you suffer with HA? What help are you getting with that?

Teach5711
08-06-18, 00:47
I have suffered for years with HA. I was on celexa but got off in january. I am not currently doing anything to help my HA. Unfortunately, I have had some "serious" issues. I even had a rare issue. All is resolved and I am well, but it always leaves me thinking I am going to get something rare and little symptoms like this may be the only way to know.