PDA

View Full Version : UTI now Yeast Infection...Worried it’s something else

aanns_GAD
08-06-18, 06:01
Last week I held my pee for too long in the afternoon right after a morning of sex with my spouse. I peed as much as I could after we finished but throughout the day was drinking a lot of water as it was super hot outside and at one point had to hold my pee because we weren’t close to a restroom. Took five days of microbid and still have frequency and urgency. Went to the gyno she says I have a yeast infection and seems to think this symptom is from that. Well I took the diflucan last night so it’s been 24 hours and I’m not symptom free yet. I still feel like I have to pee all the time and it’s so annoying and frustrating and I want to cry. In fact I cried a few times today because I’m scared it won’t subside. I feel like I can’t even remember how it felt before. I have another diflucan to take in three days if the symptoms don’t go away but I can’t stop worrying that what if they don’t and I am like this forever? I was reading about overactive bladder and I’m so worried that I developed this from this uti. I’m about to pull my hair out I’m so irritated. Idk what else to do

Jenwales
09-06-18, 21:56
Anxiety can cause this too, the frequent need to pee.
Take the course of tablets maybe it takes time
If you are not happy see your gp. if you have a uti you will know as it will burn when you pee, you will know. I had a year once of constant uti's and it was not nice. I took antibiotics for them and they cleared up. You are doing what we shouldn't do as anxiety sufferrs and that's read up on all the problems and make it worse.

DonnaT
09-06-18, 22:02
I suffer with UTI cystitis and thrush a lot, when I was pregnant I swear I had constant trouble with these. Have you taken antibiotics??? Antibiotics can cause thrush. Sometimes when I get cystitis I have a very bad itchy feels no too. You will be fine I promise and both thrush and uti and cystitis are very common in women VERY common. Try not o worry I know it’s easier said then done but it is very common. Try to go to the toilet straight after sex don’t hold your urine that’s a big no no, don’t use bubble bath or soaps down there.

Checkdis
09-06-18, 22:10
A urine analysis will rule out a UTI. Also get blood drawn for igg/igm to rule out all STD’s. Doesn’t hurt to check, and if all is negative doctors will prescribe a 10 day cycle of Cipro just in case. Do not use Dr. Google to look up side effects. All antibiotics are poison..