PDA

View Full Version : Lump in cheek

europe11
08-06-18, 11:16
hello guys :flowers:

*i still can't post pictures but location of lump is same like stone in salivary duct, you can cheek on net*

Three years ago I accidentally find small hard (not really hard like bone, it's more like tendon) movable lump in my cheek when i was yawning and touching that area. It's not visible on skin because lump is somewhere inside cheek, you can't touch it unless I open mouth or when i tight my jaw firmly and you can't touch it or see from inside of cheek.
I think that i even had something similar in right cheek but it's way smaller.

Nowdays it's still there and still same size, no changes and who know how long is there because if I didn't find it then accidentally, i probably never will.

What that could be? There is very little information on internet about that and there is nothing in that area besides meat, tendon, muscle or maybe small gland.

accessory parotid gland? maybe, i don't know is it normal to be able to touch it... i doubt it's tumor, it's extremely rare and there will be huge swelling of the cheek and very visible lump so it's not the case with me.

blocked duct? it's not painfull so idk, maybe it's just small stone who didn't block duct.

cyst? doubt again because cyst is visible on skin.

muscle knot? could be because i have TMJ on that left side and my left cheek is little bit fatter.

other options? i really don't have idea. :unsure:

i never check this with doctor because of my anxiety and big fear but i asked my dentist about that and she wasn't concerned since it's not big and not visible, she said it could be muscle knot or even swollen lymph node because i have tooth on that side who need to be cured (but i'm not sure if there is any lymph node in cheek).

What do you think what's this? Is it normal to be able to touch your glands or whatever it is?

Fishmanpa
08-06-18, 11:22
Three years ago I accidentally find small hard (not really hard like bone, it's more like tendon) movable lump in my cheek when i was yawning and touching that area.....

Nowdays it's still there and still same size, no changes and who know how long is there because if I didn't find it then accidentally, i probably never will.

What do you think what's this?

Normal bodily anatomy that you're hyper-focusing on. It doesn't matter what it is as it's been there for at least longer than the three years you first noticed it and it hasn't changed. We're not made of porcelain ya know :shrug:

Positive thoughts

europe11
08-06-18, 12:01
thank you for answer.

yeah that's why i'm not really concerned about that because it's probably part of me even more than 3 years because i don't know how long is that lump there but i'm just wondering what's that :D

i can't find anything similar on internet, just that gland who are not visible and who are under skin are not alarming.

yes i probably need to visit doctor to be 100% sure and relaxed.