PDA

View Full Version : Muscle problems for more than 3 months

tom1984
08-06-18, 15:40
I am so sick of this at the moment.
In March after a very stressfull period I releaved a bit but got very tired and my musckes felt weak.

Mainly both leggs above the knees and lower calfs while standing.

Also my wrists feel weak and I have these jittery muscles in my fingers and somethimes shoulders. Sometimes they move with stutters so not smooth.

In those 3 months I had fear of ALS but I think I got over that.

My calves started twitching after running. After 3 weeks it moved to my bicep and its less there now. So I guess it is a phase.

Got all the bloodwork fine, we also checkt for enzymes that are created when muscles break down. All clear on that.

I went to 2 doctors several times separately and they say it is stress, tension and anxiety/hyperventillation.

I have days where it is very bad and days were it is better. But it is always there.

My question is, can it really be stress causing this for so long? Has anyone had a similar issue?

I would like to get some relief finally.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

Fishmanpa
08-06-18, 15:57
There are posts like this all over the forum and if you scroll to the bottom of the page or do a search you'll certainly see you're not alone.

Positive thoughts

Bigboyuk
08-06-18, 15:58
I am so sick of this at the moment.
In March after a very stressfull period I releaved a bit but got very tired and my musckes felt weak.

Mainly both leggs above the knees and lower calfs while standing.

Also my wrists feel weak and I have these jittery muscles in my fingers and somethimes shoulders. Sometimes they move with stutters so not smooth.

In those 3 months I had fear of ALS but I think I got over that.

My calves started twitching after running. After 3 weeks it moved to my bicep and its less there now. So I guess it is a phase.

Got all the bloodwork fine, we also checkt for enzymes that are created when muscles break down. All clear on that.

I went to 2 doctors several times separately and they say it is stress, tension and anxiety/hyperventillation.

I have days where it is very bad and days were it is better. But it is always there.

My question is, can it really be stress causing this for so long? Has anyone had a similar issue?

I would like to get some relief finally.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk In Answer to your question yes absolutely it can what should be on your mind is accepting your dr's diagnosis saying it's anxiety and tension go back thank him/her and get help for you HA etc, before it takes over completely :) Good luck let us know how you get on. ATB

tom1984
08-06-18, 16:40
There are posts like this all over the forum and if you scroll to the bottom of the page or do a search you'll certainly see you're not alone.

Positive thoughtsThanks, I read some different stories, but not completely related. I actually know it has to be stress deep inside.

---------- Post added at 15:40 ---------- Previous post was at 15:33 ----------

In Answer to your question yes absolutely it can what should be on your mind is accepting your dr's diagnosis saying it's anxiety and tension go back thank him/her and get help for you HA etc, before it takes over completely :) Good luck let us know how you get on. ATBThanks for posting!

Wel since 2010 I was more or less anxiety free. I know what it is and how to act with it. At least at that time.

I really stressed out and was unhappy at work. My mind played some tricks and it got me a littlebit again. I am doing all I can and know to keep ahead of it and not to give it attention. But people have limits on ignoring you know.

I keep running 20km a week, go to a therapist once a month and got rid of some stressfactors.

Therapist also says what I already know. Don't give it attention, don't fight it.
Focus on what you want to and not what you don't want.

I am feeling a little better, but I need some more signs of improvement to let it go completely.