PDA

View Full Version : Enlarged spleen?

magicalgirl
08-06-18, 21:44
Okay, so for the past two weeks I've been getting this random achey pain below my left armpit. Looking at a picture of organs I realized the area is exactly where the spleen is. I looked at a few things explaining what the cause of the pain could be and they all said enlarged spleen. I read something that it may be connected to anemia? I'm anemic, so maybe there's a connection. It also said an enlarged spleen can cause hiccuping because of reassure on the diaphragm, and I've been having these bizarre random hiccups for a while. I try not to stay on those medical websites for too long so I don't spiral.

The thing I'm worried about is that i'm going on vacation with my cousin this Wednesday for a whole week. We are going to be riding rides and stuff. I'm worried that maybe this will be bad for my spleen, or what ever is causing the pain. The pain isn't unbearable, just noticeable and annoying. Should I worry? I don't have enough time to make a doctors appointment.

Thanks!

EDIT: Okay now i'm really freaking out. I took a break from my iron supplements and started taking Flintstones Iron vitamins for a while because I was in school and couldn't handle the stomach pains the supplements gave me. Two weeks ago I started taking the supplements again and that's when this mysterious pain started. I just read that spleen pain can be a symptoms of iron overdose. This morning I woke up with terrible diarrhea which is also a symptom. I'm really scared. What if by the time I took a break from the iron supplements my iron went back up from the vitamins, and when I started taking the iron supplements again I was taking in way too much? I'm freaking out.