PDA

View Full Version : DVT / PE Scare

chestrockwells
09-06-18, 00:34
I recently returned to the US after a month in France. While overseas (and honestly for about 6-8 months previous), I had no major issues with health anxiety except for the random occurrence here and there. However, since I've been back, I have been a wreck of anxiety and nerves.

My trip back include three flights, totaling close to twenty hours spent in airports and airplanes. The long travel day really made me nervous about potential DVT although I have none of the risk factors. Since I've been back, I've been very sedentary / sleeping A LOT (partly from catching up on sleep due to the trip and recently moving to a new apartment, and partly from boredom), and coincidentally my legs -- sometimes my calves but more recently my upper thighs have been aching. I'm trying to tell myself that a DVT would be pretty noticeable (I have no swelling, redness, or major pain; it's easy to walk on), but I just can't shake the feeling.

Like I said, I'm just an anxious mess--I think, with all the travel and a major move, I'm just on edge. My body feels like it's constantly tingling, like something's trying to escape my skin; and I'm always checking my breathing and focusing on chest soreness, which I'm afraid is an oncoming / building PE.

TL;DR: I recently finished a ~20 hour travel day from Europe, and I'm nervous about potential DVT / PE.