PDA

View Full Version : Promethazine 25mg

BlueMoon24
09-06-18, 18:35
Hi,

Anybody have experience of this one?

I was given two weeks of 25mg for anxiety. After looking it up, it seems to be largely used to treat nausea, hay fever etc. I can find very little information on its application in anxiety.

So far all it's done is make me tired during the day, doesn't seem to be doing much for anxiety..

Benjammin69
09-06-18, 19:22
Hi,

Anybody have experience of this one?

I was given two weeks of 25mg for anxiety. After looking it up, it seems to be largely used to treat nausea, hay fever etc. I can find very little information on its application in anxiety.

So far all it's done is make me tired during the day, doesn't seem to be doing much for anxiety..

Hi;

Are you from the UK?

This is a new thing they prescribe this instead of benzodiaZepines. It is recognised to sedate as much as diazepam and is used in Europe for psychiatry. My honest opinion is it’s shit. I took 50mg x3 a day. Done **** all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlueMoon24
09-06-18, 20:28
Hi, I am indeed!

All I'm really noticing is the tiredness, might give up on this one and ask for something else.

After taking it three nights in a row I'm so tired in the day that I can barely bring myself to do anything.

RadioGaGa
01-07-18, 13:03
BlueMoon24

Yeah this has been used for this indication, but as you've noticed, it's not very effective as an axiolytic. It's more for the sedation.

You could ask to try a beta blocker.