PDA

View Full Version : Petechiae?

fbmb
09-06-18, 18:46
Lately I’m noticing that I’ll get little tiny bruises under my skin randomly. Sometimes I’ll know the cause and other times I won’t. I don’t get tons of them in a cluster - more one here and there. They go away, and they progress in color until they do so I know they’re Petechiae. I’ve noticed them in the past and called my doctor who did a CBC a year ago, and my numbers were fine. I gave up o them and honestly havent noticed them again until recently. Are these normal? They don’t hurt and I don’t have big bruises. There little pin size spots. Again, they go away so they’re not angiomas. I have some of those and they never change.

I don’t know if I should go get another blood test done or if I should just dismiss them. The nurse at my doctor’s office said they’re probably nothing and that what they tend to worry about more is big huge bruising. But if you google Petechiae the causes seem kind of alarming. Any thoughts?

Also, I’m rather fair skinned and I tend to notice them on places where the skin is thinner or whiter. Like my wrist, the back of my hand, the soft side of my upper arm, my lower legs. Just one at a time usually. Weird.

Fishmanpa
09-06-18, 19:08
How are "bruises" petechiae? :huh: You're just hyper-focusing on normal human anatomy and features. It's not weird, it's just how you're made is all. Stop googling! :lac:

Positive thoughts

fbmb
09-06-18, 19:13
How are "bruises" petechiae? :huh: You're just hyper-focusing on normal human anatomy and features. It's not weird, it's just how you're made is all. Stop googling! :lac:

Positive thoughts

Well, Petechiae are bruises, in that they’re broken capillaries. They just don’t look like “normal” bruises. I work in the domestic violence field and we see them a lot when women have been strangled, as awful as that sounds. They’re little tiny blood spots that disappear. I just don’t know if it’s normal to randomly notice them.

Fishmanpa
09-06-18, 19:17
I just don’t know if it’s normal to randomly notice them.

Thing is, you didn't "randomly" notice them. You post indicates blatant self-examination behaviors.

Anyway... You know about them so you certainly know when a doctor visit is warranted.

Positive thoughts

fbmb
09-06-18, 19:25
This is true. I definitely acknowledge that I tend to notice them when I’m on the lookout for them. I first saw them in 2015 and have had multiple blood tests done since then, even had another baby. Maybe it’s just that I’m noticing them now because it’s what I’m focused on. I’ve never been anemic before, but I imagine if I were I would have more symptoms than these? Just assuming that.

Andrash
10-06-18, 08:38
This is true. I definitely acknowledge that I tend to notice them when I’m on the lookout for them. I first saw them in 2015 and have had multiple blood tests done since then, even had another baby. Maybe it’s just that I’m noticing them now because it’s what I’m focused on. I’ve never been anemic before, but I imagine if I were I would have more symptoms than these? Just assuming that.

Your symptoms definitely do not sound like blood disorder (causing petechiae) but they do seem to point towards a weird affliction called dermal anxietitis.