PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I'm jake 😊

jakeb
10-06-18, 15:34
Hi, I'm jake. I've suffered with anxiety and depression for 2 years. I quit my 10 year job as a builder because of it but now have a new career opportunity customers I've managed to get myself a tattoo apprenticeship. Thing is I'm finding it impossible due to my social anxiety and I don't know what I'm gunna do to overcome it!?

venusbluejeans
10-06-18, 15:42
Hiya jakeb and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Rad1
28-06-18, 17:49
Hi Jakeb,
Have you been to the GP about this as there are god medications that can help you cope.

Anxiety is hard to take, and in my case it has ended up in depression. SSRIs can help you.

Rad1

GiantMogwai
30-06-18, 19:30
Hi Jake, this probably isn't going to help much but here goes. I can't speak for the social anxiety, but your apprenticeship might be a little bumpy as learning new stuff tends to be. However it is an apprenticeship so everyone should cut you a little slack and try and be on your side. If you work hard and your confidence grows maybe this will help with your overall anxiety. These guys wouldn't have taken you on if they didn't see something in you. I've never had a tattoo but i have a tattoo parlour near to where i work, and I've chatted to the guys who work there a few times. They're a bit quirky and I like their sense of humour. I admire you changing career and I hope it works out. Just think of all those cool tattoos. Maybe get yourself some sort of pattern book to get yourself into it. Just saying it's not just about the people. Good luck!

Squizzell
01-07-18, 17:42
Hey jake I suffer from panic disorder and there is a degree of anxiety there obviously that goes along with this. I agree with one of the replies u had some medications work brilliantly. I’ve been on two types of medication and both have helped me to live life normally along with cbt I now know how to kinda get my mind thinking differently when I feel anxious . Hope you find a soloution