PDA

View Full Version : Hi I'm new (and forgot to post on here oops)

texia
10-06-18, 16:02
Hello there, I'm Texia, I'm 16 years old and I'm slightly new to the forum! Here's a bit of info as to why I'm here (I am sorry if it's very long; not told anybody but med professionals about it):

I have very severe emetophobia which I've had since I was about 8 years old. I also struggle with general anxiety, panic attacks, health anxiety and OCD behaviours. I'm also autistic.

All of these peaked in early 2016 after an incident involving a poorly friend at school. It really made all of the above worse but especially my emetophobia. I was too scared to eat and lost a lot of weight, and the severe (somatic probably) nausea which came with it basically fed my already fervent phobic anxiety. It created an aggresive cycle of nausea -> panic -> more nausea -> more panic and it got too much for me to cope with.

This was when I first got involved CAMHS (child and adolescent mental health service in for the uninitiated). At CAMHS they started me off on CBT and , after an emergency referral, sertraline. CBT was great, sertraline not so much. A short course of risperidone later and I'm mostly better!

I still get very bad panic attacks but nowhere near as often as I did back then. I have the CBT to thank for that.

But I'm here now because I'm starting to get anxious more and more every day. That's because of health problems that are actually there. I have a lot of doctor's appointments coming up in the near future and I can't help but worry about them. I do also feel physically unwell all of the time and it's getting me down. I also missed a lot of school and I'm pretty bummed that I didn't reach my full potential.

I hope I can help others on this forum whilst I help myself through this tough time.

:shades::shades::shades:

venusbluejeans
10-06-18, 16:10
Hiya texia and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: